Valentines Day is just a few days away, and I have the perfect makeup look for those of you that might not be in the mood to dump a bunch of pink colored everything on your face. So, I am toning the traditional Valentines Day makeup look down and doing something that is more classy, sophisticated, and yet still easy to pull off. If you are in the mood for something uber pink, then you must check out the All Dolled Up lipstick I reviewed a few days ago.
On my face today I am using my go-to Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation in 002 and then covering up any annoying blemishes and dark circles with the Dermablend concealer in light. For the rest of my look, follow my easy eye makeup design steps below for your Valentines Day look. If you have questions, just ask in the comments below!
Here is what I am using for the rest of this makeup look:
- Pur Minerals Soul Matte Eyeshadow palette using the colors BFF and Companion.
- The gorgeous NARS Eyeshadow Duo in KAUAI (left color called Gold Lame). Found Here
- NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow in Cassiopeia. Found Here
- Lancome Le Crayon Kohl in Black Ebony. Found Here
- The Brow Gal eyebrow pencil in 04. Found Here
- Jouer Cosmetics Eyeshadow crayon Abstract. Found Here
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. Found Here
- Jane Iredale Rose Dawn Bronzer.
- Jane Iredale PureGloss Lip Gloss in Red Currant. Found Here
Here is how you get this eye-makeup design:
- After you base your eyes with an eyeshadow primer, press the gold lame from the Kauai eyeshadow duo on the inner and middle lower eyelid.
- Next apply the Jouer Cosmetics Black Eyeshadow Crayon to the outside corner of the lower eyelid and blend into the crease of the eye.
- With a blending brush, sweep BFF from the Soul Mattes Palette into the crease of the eye and under the lower lash line.
- Highlight under the brow bone with the shade Companion, also from the Soul Mattes Palette.
- Apply your black eyeliner to the top and bottom lash line using this eyeliner trick.
- Use a small amount of the Cassiopeia on the lower inner lash line for a bit of highlight.
- Curl your lashes and apply the Better Than Sex Mascara.
- Lastly apply the Jane Iredale Rose Dawn Bronzer to the apples of your cheeks and the Red Currant gloss to your lips for a little color.
Just because it’s (almost) Valentines Day doesn’t mean your face needs to be loaded with pink and glitter. Instead, try this more subdued Valentines Day makeup look that will work for a date night, or a girl hang-time…and won’t freak anybody out. If you have questions, comments or are offended that I didn’t use pink in this tutorial, leave it in the comments below.
Have a great day!
Note* There are products in this post that were given for editorial consideration. In addition, there are affiliate links within this post, please see the disclosure page for more details. All thoughts and opinions are that of my own.