Today I am traveling by myself, 8 months prego, for 8 hours, with two kids under 4 (say a prayer for me). I think by the end I might be a little frazzled and in desperate need of a glass of wine that I can’t have, a new brain, and a beauty pick-up. Along with me for this 8-hour jaunt are a few TSA-friendly beauty products that I will be tucking away in my cosmetic bag so that I look as if I held myself together the-whole-time.
Speaking of that, I think what stresses me out more than hauling my kids around is the potential of getting the death glare from grown adults who know better. And, if they say anything negative to me, they might just be needing to borrow my TSA-Friendly beauty products because we will have words…and I will win. Can you tell I am already mentally preparing myself?
When I think of beauty products for travel, I am not only thinking about during the flight, but immediately after, and then items that could break if I had tossed them into my luggage. We have all had those bummer moments when we discover that our beauty products have busted open onto our clothes during flight. Beauty products like nail polish would be the worst of all worst, so I make sure those are with me in my carry-on luggage.
Well, my friends, if any of you have travel plans this summer, here are 5 beauty products that will easily pass through TSA and leave you feeling glam even if you aren’t feeling it.
1) Hand Cream: Having a good hand cream while traveling is an essential. Every time I fly, my hands feel like they desperately need a hand drink because they are parched. Using a lotion simply doesn’t do the trick at all; an actual heavy duty hand cream is what I need. For this trip, I am packing the Molton Brown Replenishing Hand Cream in Yang-Ylang. This replenishing hand cream smells delicious with white truffle and yuan-zhi extract, and it hydrates like no body’s business. FOUND HERE
2) Nail Polish: As I said before, nail polish could be a potential disaster if not packaged well in checked-baggage. So to avoid the drama, I like to take mine with me during flight. Plus, if I do get the stink eye from surrounding passengers regarding my kids, I can bust open a bottle and let the polish fragrance do a little pay-back. Just kidding. Seriously though, I think having pretty nails just makes you look a bit more pulled together, so I am bringing two Lauren B. Beauty Nail Cotour polishes with me: Venice Beach Venus, and Nail Perfector. These beauties have no formaldehyde, DBP, toluene, formaldehyde resin, or camphor. They are also cruelty-free, vegan-friendly, and gorgeous. FOUND HERE
3) Anti-Frizz: I am sure that this 8-hour travel day with kids will leave my hair a complete disaster and a total frizz-fest. Having polished and pulled together hair at the end will certainly make me feel like I held it together most of the trip. For a frizz-free-post-flight look, check out the Philip B Drop Dead Straightening Baum. What I love about this TSA-friendly hair product is that it is non-sticky, non-greasy, silicone-free, and water-soluble. It works best used with heat, but it also does a fab job of taming the frizz in a moments notice when you are on the go. FOUND HERE
4) Lip Splash: Nothing in the world makes me feel more pulled together than having on-point and colorful lips. If I am feeling drab, a good lipstick can immediately make me look like I cared that day. Choosing a good travel-friendly lipstick amongst my gigantic stash of lippies was a tough call. But, I landed on the pink and poppy Pur Minerals Pout Pen Lip Stain and Lip Balm in Mai Tai. I chose this one because it’s not only a stain that lasts, but it has the balm on the other end in case my lips get dehydrated. FOUND HERE
5) Refreshed Face: Traveling on planes can leave your skin feeling grimy, greasy, and lack-luster. So, I like to bring a pack of travel cleansing cloths to refresh my skin, and get all of the nasty recycled air particles off immediately. For this flight, I am bringing along the uber refreshing Burts Bees Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleansing Towelettes. They clean ridiculously well, leave your skin rejuvenated, and are at a very affordable price point. FOUND HERE
Last, I am carrying all of these TSA Friendly Beauty Products in the cutest bag by Pattern LA. Everything fits perfect, and it’s small enough to not take up much room with my other carry-ons. You can find this cosmetic bag on-line with the other creative collections of traveling cosmetic bags and totes.
Have you found any TSA-friendly beauty products that you love to travel with? Share them with us in the comments and wish my luck traveling with my kids and prego bump.
note* These are press samples and there are affiliate links within this post. Please see disclosure page for details. All thoughts and opinions are that of my own.