Today we are talking about the areas of your face that you and I should be highlighting every day. I think we can all agree that it’s super annoying when your face looks dull and blah, and highlighting can really make a huge difference. Now, before I get started, I want to mention that these are basic areas of the face that ususally look better with highlighting. If you try one of these areas out and you think it looks no bueno, don’t highlight there. For instance, if your nose has a slight bump on the bridge, perhaps you should skip highlighting that area.
Highlighting is basically drawing light to the areas of the face that we want brought out to create a more soft look to the face. Every face has shadows, we are bringing light to those shadows and/or contrasting shadow that we want to be there… like the ones under our cheekbones. Let me know if you have questions!
1) Above your brow to make your eyes look lifted.
2) Highlight above your brow bone to create dimension with the contour of your eye.
3) Make your eyes look more awake by highlighting near your tear ducts.
4) Highlighting above your cheekbones adds dimension and contrast to the hollows of your cheeks.
5) By highlighting the bridge of you nose, it appears to be slimmer.
6) To make your lips look a bit more pouty, highlight in the cupids bow.
There are many thing’s that you can use when you are wanting to highlight your face. But what I found for everyday use and something that I carry always in my makeup kit is the MAC Cream Colour Base in Pearl. I apply this by using the tips of my fingers…pretty basic and easy!
p.s- Right now Nordstroms is having their big gift with purchase! If you have beauty products that you have been dying to get, Nordstroms offers Free Shipping as well!
note* These products were purchased by me. There are affiliate links in this post. Using those links helps me to get a small commission which greatly helps me keep this sight going. All thoughts and opinions are that of my own.