If you are new to cosmetics, having the necessary essentials is the best way to start and the least overwhelming. This checklist of basic makeup essentials for beginners has everything you need to make your personal beauty bag complete with product recommendations for everyday use. Here is your must-have makeup essentials.
Basic Makeup Essentials Kit for Beginners
Figuring out what makeup essentials you need as a beginner is easy once you figure out that you don’t need everything (one tube of mascara at a time). There will always be new cosmetics, but if you are just starting out, buying the beauty basics will save you from collecting mass amounts of lipstick and eyeliner you will never use.
To make this easy for you, I have 11 basic makeup essentials that you should have with product suggestions that are perfect for beginners. These cosmetics are must haves that I know and love based off of my 15 years as a makeup artist and I think you will love them just as well. Putting together your personal makeup bag doesn’t have to be overwhelming; just use this checklist as a guide and you will have everything you need to get started.
Basic Makeup Essentials Checklist
- 1 Foundation
- 1 Concealer
- 1 Blush/Bronzer Duo
- 1 Highlighter
- 1 Eyeliner
- 1 Mascara
- 1 Brow pencil
- 1 Neutral Eyeshadow palette
- 2 Lipsticks 1 Gloss
- 1 Makeup Brush Set
Basic Makeup Essentials Product Guide
1) Foundation: One basic makeup essential everyone thinks of first is foundation because it evens out your skintone and gives you a flawless complexion. However, if you don’t like foundation, opt for or a tinted moisturizer instead and watch this tutorial on how to apply foundation here.
- Luminizing Moisture Tint from Jouer Cosmetics
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup
Blush/Bronzer Duo Suggestions:
9) 1 Brow Pencil or Powder: Brows are an essential to making any makeup, whether minimal or dramatic, look its best. Please do not skip this basic beauty essential for everyday use. It’s important. If you need a step by step tutorial on how to apply your basic brow, check this blog post out.
Brow Product Suggestions:
10) 2 Lipsticks and 1 Gloss: Lipstick or gloss is an important basic makeup essential. I would suggest having a few lipstick and gloss options to choose from based on your comfort. With that said, do me a favor and include at least one lipstick shade that is different from what you usually wear..red is a start.
Lip Product Suggestions:
- NARS Audacious Lipstick in Raquel (everyone..EVERYONE…love this nude lipstick color)
- Covergirl Toffee
- Jouer Longwear Lip Cream in Filigree
11) Makeup Brushes: Makeup brushes are an investment, but they are an essential no matter how basic your makeup is going to be. One of the best ways to get your basic makeup brushes at a good price is to buy them in a set. Here is a complete list of makeup brush essentials you need and how to use them.
Other Posts You Might Like
Resources You Might Like
Note- There are affiliate links within this post. All thoughts and opinions are that of my own.