From Revlon to Physicians Formula, there are tons of non-toxic drugstore makeup products out there; you just need to do your research. To keep life simple for you, I did the dirty work and was surprised that brands I thought would be nearly entirely non-toxic were not and vice-versa. And honestly, finding cosmetics and beauty products that fit the zero to “almost” non-toxic criteria is pretty hard to find at a drugstore (or anywhere), but I did find success with a few brands I already love and respect!
To find which products were considered non-toxic, I used an app called Think Dirty that I highly recommend you download if you are trying to live a non-toxic lifestyle. When I looked for drugstore beauty products, I made sure they were in the 0-3 ranges for non-toxicity. Obviously, it’s better to have all of your makeup products near the 0 range, but it’s very hard to do and still get quality makeup that does something beyond tinting your lips a berry shade that comes off in 5 seconds.
And, to be authentic with you in my stance on toxic cosmetics, I don’t claim to live a non-toxic beauty lifestyle. However, if I can find a beauty product that is non-toxic and still has the quality I want for durability, coverage, etc…I would use it. I find though that a lot of eye shadow lack in pigment and staying power when they hit the 0-2 non-toxic categories, and I mine as well just not go through the effort of doing my eyes at that point. Does that make sense? I need my eyeshadow to stay…I am a mom of three; I don’t have time to a makeup touch-up, like, ever.
Anyways, here is a list of my favorite beauty products that are drugstore and (nearly) non-toxic.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick: There are lots of lipstick colors from Revlon that are only a three on Think Dirty. I was utterly shocked actually because you can find these drugstore lipsticks virtually anywhere. If you like Revlon lipsticks and want a non-toxic color, the Revlon Super Lustrious Lipstick in Pearl, Crème and Matte has tons with a 3 rating. Here are my most favorite colors for you to choose: Revlon Matte 001 Nude Attitude Lipstick,
- Physicians Formula Bronze Booster Glow: Truly, Physicians Formula has way more non-toxic cosmetic options that rate a 3 than I thought possible for a drugstore brand. I already am a huge fan of their bronzers because they stay put and blend well. So, give this one a try!
- Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Mascara: Here is the good news; you can find nearly non-toxic mascara at a drugstore! All of the Physicians Formula Organic Mascara’s rate a 3 on Think Dirty and they do an awesome job of making your eyes pop.
- Pacifica Stellar Gaze Mascara: Another mascara option that is 100% non-toxic and found at Target in-store and on-line. Check out the Pacifica Stellar Gaze Mascara that rates zero. With that said, it’s going to essentially just tint your lashes and give a little bit of length.
- W3ll People Narcissist Foundation Stick: Lucky for all of us, W3LL People is now found at Target on-line and has tons of mostly non-toxic cosmetics that rate a 3. This foundation stick is ideal for low to medium coverage dependent on how much is used. I highly recommend using this product with a beauty blender for best results. Also, you just need to check out W3LL People Cosmetics, in general; your life will change forever.
- Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream: Oh hello there completely non-toxic BB Cream/ Tinted Moisturizer found at Target on-line! It’s a zero guy’s, a zero…and this BB cream get’s great ratings in general. So, give this product a go.
- A few others to try from Pacifica: Here are some other nearly non-toxic cosmetics that can be found at Target: Pacifica Mystical Supernatural Eye Shadow (3), Pacifica Beauty Natural Quench Lip Tint (2), Pacifica Radiant Shimmer (3).
- Neutrogena Naturals Lip Balm: While most everything else for Neutrogena is NOT non-toxic, there Natural Lip Balm rates at a 1! That’s pretty impressive in my opinion because I love this stuff!
What non-toxic cosmetics do you love that is drugstore?