Happy Monday Beauties! I hope your weekend was amazing and that you got to catch up on some sleep. If you are like me and have two little babes at home…sleep is a foreign concept that I hear happens again when they are over 18. That’s really encouraging (note my sarcasm). Well, I can’t really help you in the sleep department, but I can in the makeup brush department.
I can’t tell you how many emails I get from readers wanting to know my basic brush collection. So I have put together a post that shows you what I use for my basic makeup brush collection and the areas of my face and eyes that they belong to. Also on a side note, when I say “basic”, I am really saying that I wouldn’t travel anywhere without these guys. They are my essential brushes that I would replace in 5 seconds if they ever got lost.
What brushes would you replace A.S.A.P if they got lost? Comment below and let me know!
1. Jouer powder brush #2: I love to apply blush and bronzer with this brush. It domes a bit at the top and makes it incredibly easy to get perfect cheeks.
2. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Foundation Brush: When you use this brush, use small criss-cross motions across the entire face to get the perfect blend.
3. Jane Iredale Crease Brush: I literally can’t do my makeup without this brush. It gives the most perfect blend to the contour of the eye.
4. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Large Shader Brush: I use this to apply to my entire lower eyelid, under the brow bone, and tear duct. It grabs pigment beautifully and applies with ease.
5. Jane Iredale Camouflage Brush: This brush is great because it really get’s into small places like the the under-eyes and crevices of the nose.
6. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Brush: Can’t do my brows without this brush. Mine is has been well loved as you can see.
7. Tarte Double Ended Liner Brush: For the most perfect lined eyes, you need this brush. I can get the perfect cat eye with one end, or smudge out a line to create a smoky effect with the other. It’s perfect.