Today is officially Makeover Monday, featuring my dear friend Mandy for the “Miss Classy” edition. When I think of Mandy’s style, it’s a mix of Anne Taylor, Banana Republic and a bit a hippy from time to time. (I only use the term hippy because she would put herself in this category.) She is a fun loving, well put together, but simple girl…so I wanted her makeup to reflect that.
Although Mandy’s before picture is still pretty, the first thing I notice is that she has a bit of brown pigmentation that needs to be concealed to create a flawless canvas. But other than that, her green eyes are gorgeous and her brows frame them perfectly. So I am going to create a flawless skin so that her eyes are the first thing we focus on.
After (looking classy)
Get The Look
1) Since Mandy likes to “keep it simple” we used the water resistant Jouey Luminizing Moisture tint with SPF 20 as a base. I mixed shades Pearl and Golden to create her unique shade that offered great coverage but doesn’t feel heavy on the skin. After I applied the moisture tint, I used the Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer to cover any residual brown pigmentation and then to conceal under her eyes.
2) To give her skin a soft flush of color, we used the Makeup Forever Aqua Cream as a blush on the apples of her cheeks. Since this is very pigmented, a little goes a very long way. So be aware!
3) Bronzer is a girls best friend in the summertime if you are trying to be good and stay out of the sun and not look like a ghost. So we used the MAC bronzer from the Surf Baby Collection under her cheek bones, sides of forehead and then down the sides of her nose.
1) Base the eyes with the Benefit Stay don’t stray primer first to ensure longevity.
2) Then I patted/pressed soft gun metal grey eyeshadow on her full lower eyelid with a med. flat shadow brush.
3) Next I used a bronze shade on the outside edge of the eye using the same technique of patting it on to avoid eyeshadow flinging everywhere.
4) To create contour I used a copper shade in the crease of the eye, blending it well with a fluffy blender brush. Then to highlight, I used a shimmery cream shadow under the brow bone and a tiny bit under the eye.
5) Every body need a little definition from time to time, So I used a charcoal waterproof liner from Urban Decay and only traced the outside corners of her eye. Like I said, Mandy is not a huge makeup wearer, so I didn’t want to make her uncomfortable. I also finished her eyes by curling her lashes and then using two coats of the Urban Decay Cannonball Mascara.
1) Mandy is a no fuss girl, so we skipped the lip liner and went straight to the Jouey Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Mimosa.
XOXO- Kendra Stanton Beauty Blogger and Portland, OR Makeup Artist for 9 years!