Monday can sometimes feel blah as most of us start a new week of work and wait for the next weekend! So, I thought I would start a new adventure called “Makeover Monday,” where I take a willing participant and do a look on them. Who doesn’t like some before and afters anyway?
Today we have my good friend Sheena. Now, I wish I could tell you that she was super average and homely looking to begin with (I would never say that even if I thought it). Sheena is one of those girls that looks pretty with or without makeup. So, thanks my friend for letting me use your face for the first Makeover Monday!
So, like I said, it’s kind of annoying how pretty she is without makeup on.
Sweet and spicy is what I will call her today. Her eye’s are spicy, rocking purples and pink, and the nude lips make her still look sweet and innocent.
Get The Look
1) First, I needed to match her face to her neck which means using a darker shade on the face. I used the Temptu Airbrush with a mix of colors to match. You can just use your foundation with a foundation brush.
2) Next, I used a dark brown matte shadow with a fluffy shadow brush to sculpt and contour her cheekbones and nose.
3)I popped the Face Stockholm cream blush in the shade Stockholm on the apples of cheeks. Then used a bronzer from the sides of her forehead, down through her temples and right into her cheekbones.
1) Base the eyes with your favorite eyelid primer, mine is Benefits Stay Don’t Stray.
2)Press or pat the MAC loose pigment in Fuchsia onto the full lower lid with a flat eyeshadow brush. Then press the MAC loose pigment in Violet from the outside corner of the lower lid into the center of the lower lid with the same brush (cleaned off of course). Take the same color and blend it into the contour of your eyelid with a blender brush. Now, with a very small amount of the MAC loose pigment in Dark Soul, blend from the outside corner of the eyelid into the contour with the same blender brush. Last use the MAC loose pigment in Vanilla and sweep under the brow-bone, diffusing any line that might be there from the other pigments.
3) Take the Stila Smudge stick Waterproof black liner and place it close to the upper and lower lash-line, focusing on the outside corners of the eye blending inwards with a liner brush. Then, curl your eyelashes and use the Urban Decay Cannonball Ultra Waterproof Mascara.
4) Line your lips with a nude lipliner, and top it with a pale pink lip gloss.
Thanks Sheena for sharing your pretty face with us! Oh and P.S. This is all un-photoshopped, grassroots style.
XOXO- Kendra Stanton, Beauty Blogger and Portland, OR Makeup Artist