Hot summers evening’s are the best here in Portland, given it’s not raining or cloudy. On those perfect night’s the city has a backdrop of a deep dusk blue, scattered with stars that go for forever. It’s breath taking to say the least. So when the atmosphere looks like perfection, I feel the need to take advantage, get dressed up, and do this thing my husband and I call “date night.” I don’t want to look like the girl next door, I want to make my husband drool.
But even if you don’t have a man as your accessory, you can still use these simple steps to get a perfect night on the town look. You will be sure to turn few heads along the way.
After you have your foundation or tinted moisturizer on, it’s time to make your eyes start talking. Start by prepping your eyelids with Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Next use a light highlighter shadow (any brand) under your brow and into your tear ducts. Then use the MAC pigment in Dark Soul with a flat medium sized shadow brush and pack or press it onto your lower eyelid and up into the crease.
Step 2: With the same brush and shadow, sweep the pigment under your lower lash line to create a soft smudged effect.
Step 3: Make sure to blend your shadow in your crease to avoid a harsh line. With this sultry eye, we want the pigment to be blended well. So start off with a clean blender brush, and do tiny, small circles in the crease. Make sure to wipe off the brush between eyes.
4. Give your eyes intensity by tracing the water line with a black eyeliner pencil like the one I am using from Lancome. You can do the same for the up water line as well; this is called “tight-lining.”
5. Important step: curling eyelashes to open and enhance the eye. I only like lash curlers that are easy, my new found favorite lash curler is by Tarte Cosmetics.
6. Create drama by adding not only one lash strip, but two! This will make your lashes look incredibly long, full, and delicious. Start by applying the duo eyelash glue to the Ardell lash stip, wait 10 seconds, then apply from the inner lash to the outer, pressing them in with tweezers or a makeup spatula. Now just lay the second set directly above the first, and walla, you are lookin fly. Don’t forget to add mascara to both the top and bottom lashes.
7. Now you can’t have pretty eyes and bland skin. Spice it up with some bronzer that actually smells edible and is waterproof! Check out the Too Faced Aqua Bunny Bronzer. Apply this to the apples of your cheeks, along your upper forehead and anywhere else the sun natural hits. This is a cream to powder formulation which helps give your skin the dewy, fresh look.
8. I would highly recommend keeping your lips natural since your eyes are already making a statement. I am using the Stila Lip Glaze in Bubble Gum to capture this look.
9. Check yourself out in the mirror, admire your lovely work, walk out the door for a night on the town. Have fun!