Bridal season 2014 is here! Last year I was busting my butt doing makeup for brides in Portland, OR where they try and pack in all the weddings for the year between June and September. Thankfully here in Austin, TX the weather is a million times nicer which means bridal season is a bit longer and hopefully feels like less of a crazy rush. I don’t know yet though, I am still settling in.
One of my favorite thing’s to do as a makeup artist is bridal makeup. I especially love doing eyes because it’s usually what makes a bridal look pop when done right. So, because I am a fan of doing bridal makeup, here is a wedding inspired makeup look with a step-by-step, eye makeup tutorial featuring soft browns and shimmering pinks. Hope you enjoy it!
Get The Look
1) Shape brows with Anastasia Beverly Hill Brow Kit, then base the eyes with Urban Decay Primer Potion. Once that is done, sweep Urban Decay Snake bit in the crease of the eye.
2. Next, highlight under the brown bone and near the tear duct area with the Vanilla MAC pigment.
3. Gently press the Rose MAC pigment onto the entire lower eyelid.
4. Sweep Urban Decay Snakebite from the Naked 2 Palette right under your lower lash-line.
5. Give your eyes some depth by creating a soft vintage liner look using the Cate McNabb gel liner in black.
6. Next apply your Esqido false lashes in Miss Dolly and sweep under it with your Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara on your top and bottom lashes.
Although obviously I am a big believer in makeup for a wedding day, your best asset is definitely going to be your smile. On my wedding day…I think I smiled for 12 hours straight. My entire face hurt by the end…no joke.
Well, this bride has already been kissed on her wedding day (yes I am talking about myself in the 3rd person). But, it’s fun to get dressed up like this even if I am not the bride.
Hope you all liked this look! Have a great day and oh-my-gosh, it’s almost FRIDAY!
p.s- Sadly I am wearing workout clothes on the bottom half of the outfit that it appears I have on. Oh…and gym socks with no shoes on. Have to laugh at my life as a beauty blogger sometimes. Don’t judge me.
note* Some of these products were given to me from previous reviews.There are affiliate links in this post which help to support this site. All thoughts and opinions are that of my own.