Is anyone else completely digging all of the beautiful brimmed hat styles like I am? I have added two to my hat collection, and yes, I feel super glam when I have them on. However, I don’t just wear them because they are stylin, I love them because they protect my face from the sun!
Did you know that 8,000 people are expected to die from Melanoma alone this year? Wha, Wha, Wha, Debbie Downer- I know. But I don’t want this to happen to me, or any of you!
So here are a few tips to keep you safe from sun damage this summer!
1. Get a good sunscreen. One with a high percentage of Zinc Oxide would be most preferred. It doesn’t cause your skin to get irritated like some chemical sunscreens, plus it stays on longer. Also this would be ideal for someone who is acne prone. My favorite is from Obagi, it even has the Skin Cancer Association stamp on it!
2. Make sure to apply your sunscreen 30 minutes before you step outside and re-apply every 2 hours. Apply this everywhere the sun will hit, especially your face, neck, and chest.
3. Make sure your sunscreen has UVA and UVB protection! UVA protection protects your deeper layers of skin, and UVB is more superficial. Think of it like this: UVA=aging, UVB=burning. Get it?
4. People always ask if they should be using a higher SPF. This is what WEB MD had to say, “Sunscreens with higher SPF ratings block slightly more UVB rays, but none offers 100% protection.” to read the rest of this interesting article on SPF percentages, check it out here.
5. Get a spray tan so you don’t look so “Queen Elizabeth the 1st.” I have had bad experiences with the spray booths, so I would perhaps try doing an airbrush tan instead. Yes, you will have to get naked in front of someone. Sorry. The price of beauty I guess.
*Have fun in the sun!
Yay! Another zinc oxide lover. I have a sensitivity to some of the chemicals in sunscreen, especially in high percentages, so I always stick to ones that are zinc oxide/titanium dioxide only. It looks pasty for a while, but after the prescribed 30 minutes, it looks better!
Oh yeah, I got frustrated trying to find ones I can use that didn’t cost an arm and a leg… I ended up buying zinc oxide powder and making my own. Most cost effective and doesn’t expire as quickly.
You make you own?? Thats awesome! I have never heard of that before! Greatest idea ever…
Thanks for the info chica….this is something I forsure take seriously now, cuz my face can’t take all that sun like it used to! Imagine back in te days, my mom used to mix coca cola & butter and then go sun bahe…..craziness!!!!!!!!!
And I am all over the hats too! Lovin your look:)
I know- so you thought I was all glammed out at the park when really I was just being a freak about sun damage!!! ha.
This one is really looking one of the cooling designed cap. And the existing content of this information about this cap really makes me crazy about it. It’s truly looking awesome post about it. Thanks for sharing some best of thing about it.
I am glad you liked it! Do you like Brimmed hats?
As the each of features of this source is exceptionally looking just magnificent about to get the mind blowing personality. And the regarding post shows the best of information about brimmed hats and sunscreen in this source. I have found some of most skin friendly products from the same source. Thanks for sharing.