Every morning I open up my email account to a million new emails (or so it feels that way) and one caught my eye from Redbook.com about Hillary Scott. When I opened the email, there was this beautiful picture of her with stunning makeup on. Soft, yet so very sultry, I had to try it out myself! Here is a step by step of how I got the look!
Makeup and Tools I Used
Foundation: Makeup Forever HD applied with foundation brush.
Blush: Jane Iredale in Peony with blush brush.
Shadow: The Balm Shady Lady Vol. 3 Shadow Palette-
Liner: Lancome Black Liner
Mascara: Too Faced Lash Injection
Lipstick: chapstick with the Peony blush patted over the top.
1) I am starting this look with foundation, concealer, and blush already applied. Unfortunately- the 3 hours of sleep I got from the night before is not hiding very well. The life of a mom with a 16 month old and flu season: )
2) Apply Envious Erin under the brow and tear duct to create highlight.
3) With a blender shadow brush, pat Racy Kacy onto the full eyelid and sweep into contour of eye, connecting into almost a sideways ‘V” like this: > on outward corners. Blend very well.
4) Apply the same color, Racy Kacy under the lower lash line.
5) Layer the Come Hither Heather in the same sideways “V” like shape- focusing on outward corners and sweeping lightly into the contour for blending purposes.
6) Again- layer over the last step with the Guilty Gwen but with more concentration and blend lightly in sideways “V” to keep the contrast.
7) Line the top and bottom lash lines, connecting the outside corners. Trace over that with a liner brush so soften and smudge and then do another layer with the liner over that. Next- make sure to line the lower water line and upper water line- this is called “tight lining.” It can feel uncomfortable at first- but it’s what gives you that very sexy look. ***Side Note- Ugh those under eye circles!!
8) At this point I decided that I needed to add the Safe Bet Annette as I thought I was seeing a pinkish shade on the lower eyelid. I am glad I did this! So basically just take a small shadow brush and pressed above the liner to not mess with it, about middle of lower eyelid towards the tear duct.
9) Curl lashes and then add two layers of thickening and lengthening mascara to top and bottom lashes. Of course don’t forget your lips!
Here is the final product! I love the look…do you?