Sofia Vergara’s is not just beautiful, she is extremely hilarious and play’s the role of Gloria on the hit tv show, Modern Family. Although she did not win the much anticipated Emmy Award, she did grace the red carpet with her flawless skin and dark, sexy eye’s. Let’s break down her 2011 Emmy Eye-Makeup Look created by makeup artists, Kayleen McAdams.
Items you will need:
–Shadow Insurance by Too Faced. $18.00
– Sephora’s Smoky Eye Palette which has the following: four 0.07 oz eyeshadow shades, black eyeliner, gradual volume black mascara, and a double sided brush that will do nothing so you should just toss it. $10.00
–Red Cherry Lashes #2o $2.75
–Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara $7.50 (around)
–Covergirl Lip Perfection in Rapture $7.50 (around)
1) After you have created a flawless canvas, prep the eye’s with shadow primer, shadow insurance by Too Faced.
2) Then start on the eyes by using the lightest shade in the Smoky Eye Palette under the brow bone and into the tear-duct.
3) Start on the drama by patting the charcoal brown color on the lower eyelid and sweeping under the lower lash-line as well.
4) Add the tan shade into the contour of the eye to bring out some warmth.
5) Use the dark black eye pencil and trace the perimeter of the entire eye making sure to get very close to the lash line. Also use the same pencil on the water line of the eye as well to create more of a smoky effect.Then take the darkest shadow shade and trace over the liner, pushing it into your lash line and smudging it a tiny bit. Make sure to connect the upper and lower lash line and both the outer and inner edges of the eye.
6) Apply your Red Cherry lashes by first applying your lash glue (I always use Ardell lash adhesive). You want to wait 15 seconds, then start at the inner corner of the eye placing the lash close to the lash line and extending it towards to outer lash line. It can be tricky, but it looks so beautiful. Practice makes perfect.
7) I know that your Sephora kit comes with mascara, but according to the interview that US weekly did with Sofia Vergara makeup artists, Kayleen McAdams, she recommends using the Covergirl Lash blast. You can get this mascara for very cheap at Costco in a pack of 3.