Gwenyth Paltrow loves this non-toxic makeup, and so will you. If you are looking for safer cosmetics, here is the ultimate non-toxic makeup essentials kit to try. Putting together a healthy and clean makeup essentials kit without all of the toxins and harsh chemicals isn’t easy. In-fact, there are many makeup brands that claim to be clean, natural and organic but that still carry ingredients not healthy for the skin. If you are looking for safer cosmetics in your personal basic makeup bag, check out what you should have with this makeup guide.
Basic Non-Toxic Makeup Essential Guide Checklist
If you want to put together a non-toxic makeup bag, you should start with the basics. When you are searching for non-toxic makeup essentials and safe cosmetics, you want to make sure that you have access to all of the ingredients. Just because a mascara or lipstick says paraben free doesn’t make it toxic-free and you might not want it in in your makeup kit. Further more, some beauty brands have certain products within their line that have less chemicals, but that doesn’t mean the entire line is commited to safe makeup. So, just be aware.
Here is a checklist of the essential makeup products to have in you basic non-toxic makeup kit:
- 1 foundation/tinted moisturizer
- 1 concealer
- 1 blush or cream blush (or both)
- 1 bronzer
- 1 highlighter
- 1 eyeshadow palette
- 1 eyeliner
- 1 lipliner
- 2 lipsticks and 1 gloss
- 1 mascara
Basic Non-Toxic Makeup Essentials Product Guide
There are truly only a few cosmetic brands that are commited to promoting and selling safe makeup according to goop.com. A few of the non-toxic makeup essentials brands include BeautyCounter (here is their “never list“), Ilia, Tata Harper and RMS. Here are some suggestions for each product you should have in your makeup kit.
1) Foundation/Tinted Moisturizer: One basic makeup essential everyone thinks of first is foundation because it evens out your skintone and gives you a flawless complexion. However, finding a non-toxic brand is hard to come by. Here are a few suggestons.
2) Concealer: Concealer is important to have in order to awaken the under eyes and delete any blemishes from the skin. We all have a pimple we want to go away every now and again.
3) 1 Blush/Cream Blush: Blush is an important non-toxic makeup basic because it life and color to your skin. This is a definite essential and here are some great ones.
4) 1 Bronzer/Cream Bronzer: One of my favorite ways to give my skin that sun-kissed look is by using a bronzer. You can find a non-toxic bronzer in a powder form or a cream form. I personally like to have both on hand.
- ILIA Beauty Cream Bronzer
- BeautyCounter Powder Blush/Bronzer Duo(only $26)
- Tata Harper Matte Bronzer
5) 1 Highlighter: For soft, illuminated, and glowing skin, a highlighter will do the trick. It’s one of the best beauty tips for anti-aging and makeup beginners.
6) 1 Eyeshadow Palette: Eyeshadow Palettes are a basic essential to a good non-toxic makeup bag. With that said, you just want to make sure that you have basic and neutral eyeshadow colors for every day use and then you can add some other fun colors.
- BeautyCounter Eyeshadow Palette (with blush/Bronzer/highlighter)
7) 1 Eyeliner: Having a safe eyeliner is important for those moments when you want to bump up your makeup from daytime to night! I would suggest getting one in black because it’s the most versatile.
8) 1 Mascara: Mascara is definitely an essential in my book and there are some great healthy makeup options. If you are going to do it, though, get black.
- RMS Defining Mascara
- BeautyCounter Mascara (won best of allure 2016)
9) 1 Brow Pencil or Powder: Brows are an essential to making any makeup, whether minimal or dramatic, look its best. Please do not skip this basic beauty essential for everyday use because there are some fantastic ones that are safe.
Brow Product Suggestions:
10) 2 Lipsticks and 1 Gloss: Lipstick or gloss is an important basic makeup essential and you can find some that are non-toxic. I would suggest having a few lipstick and gloss options to choose from based on your comfort. With that said, do me a favor and include at least one lipstick shade that is different from what you usually wear..red is a start.
Lip Product Suggestions:
- ILIA BEAUTY Call Me Lip Crayon
- Beautycounter Lip Sheer in Twig (twig won best of allure 2015)
- BeautyCounter Lipgloss in Opal
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE