Fall came yesterday in Oregon, where I got up to run and there was frost everywhere. I love this time of year for many reasons and so I thought I would share 10 with you today.
1. Riding Boots: If you are shopping for boots this season, go for the traditional riding boots. They are versatile, comfortable and have lasting power like no other pair of boots do. Choose a style that is simple, without a lot of buckles or flare so that you can wear them with anything.
2. Faux-FurMuffler: A fur muffler is an inexpensive way to add one of this seasons hottest trends into your wardrobe. It gives you just enough sass to any outfit. Choose a neutral tan color so that you can wear it with more looks.
3. Nude Nail Polish: I have an unhealthy obsession with nail polish and probably always will. I love the nude colors that you can find in almost any line this year! They are elegant, go with anything and really hide chipping!
4. Chiffon Maxi Skirt: You won’t look like a grandma in a floor length chiffon maxi skirt. The light weight material makes pairing with a contrasting winter sweater a must. Choose one in a neutral color like black or tan. An added plus: you can find these at a lot of stores right now for WAY cheap!
5. Colored Skinny Jeans: Winter doesn’t have to mean drab colors just because the sky is grey. Grab a pair of bold skinny jeans to throw on with your favorite pair of riding boots and you’ll be sitting pretty (bold). I love the bright blue ones myself!
6. Deer: I know Santa, reindeer, a shirt with wolves on it howling at the moon, how much more can you take? I love, love, love deer right now and so this simple top from Anthropologie, with prancing deer across the bottom really struck my fancy. If you are unsure when incorporating a graphic tee into your wardrobe, go with a muted one like this to make a subtle statement.
7. Cape: I want a cape so badly, but every time I try one on my husband tells me I look like a squirrel. I don’t want to look like a squirrel but I do want a cape so finding one, like the one pictured here, that has a defined waist and contrast detailing will create a more sophisticated, less squirrel like look.
8. Leather Gloves: They keep you warm and you get to fell fancy, what else do I need to say? Choose a pair that are lined with faux-fur and you’ll be extra cozy and trendy.
9. Berry Colored Lip Gloss: I love this new lip gloss that Essence released this summer called Stay With Me. It comes in several very pigmented shades and lasts really well for the price of $2.29 at Ulta. I love the frostbitten look that a berry shade provides to your bundled up self!
10. Winter Wedges: In Oregon we have to have several things, close-toed shoes and a good rain jacket, neither mean that you can’t look cute and fashionable still.I love the wedged booties that are all over the market right now. You can wear a peep-toe pair with leggings or knee-high socks, but, for the rain advisory we get here, I would much rather have a these beauties.
Rebecca Alexander Pickrel, Fashion Contributor