Make no mistake; this Whole 30 Nacho Chicken recipe is more of a dinner than a football game appetizer. Sweet potato chips smothered in a yummy chipotle sauce with loads of zesty chicken, flavorful guacamole, and other nacho toppings. This recipe is one everybody will go back for seconds on and guess what? It’s healthy.
In my home, we average about 10-15 guests per week from playdates to game time. So, when I make a meal, it has to be hearty and able to satisfy a large crowd. Let me tell you, these paleo-friendly, whole 30 nachos are not only loaded with flavor, but they will fill you up. Trust me; the platter will be scraped clean.
Nachos should be easy to make, and this one is no different. But, since we are whole30 and trying to eat no processed foods, everything in this recipe is from scratch. I made the sweet potato chips because I couldn’t find any baked in the right oil according to the basics of whole 30. But, if you find some that meet the rules, go for it. I am however obsessed with how these homemade chips turned out.
Another way to save time while making these Nachos it to cook a bunch of chicken before and freeze it. This way all you have to do is bake the sweet potato chips, add the already cooked chicken, and the other toppings are a breeze. In fact, the chipotle nacho sauce will only take you 3-5 minutes to make, and it’s worth every minute, trust me.
Whole 30 Chicken Nacho Ingredients:
handful of sliced grape tomatoes
2 Tbs red onion
2 Tbs cilantro
1-2 cups Guacamole
1/2 fresh seeded jalepeno
For Sweet Potato Chips
3 organic sweet potatos
1 tbsp melted Coconut oil
1 Tbs chili powder (optional)
1 Tbs garlic powder (optional)
1 tsp salt
For Non-Dairy Nacho Sauce
1 can of Organic Coconut Milk (best if refrigerated for a few days)
2 small avacados or 1 large
1 cup of cilantro
1 chipotle pepper from a can without sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp of fresh squeezed lime
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 to 1 squeezed mandarin orange (to taste)
For the Chicken
1/2 pound of chicken tenders unthawed
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 squeezed manarine orange
1 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
Whole 30 Chicken Nacho Instructions
- To make delicious crunchy sweet potato chips with a kick of chili powder, preheat your oven to 200 degrees F. Use a mandolin slicer (preferred) on the thick slice, or just cut your sweet potatoes with a sharp knife. Add the sweet potato slices into a large bowl and toss it with the melted coconut oil, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt. Place the sliced potato chips onto a baking sheet in single rows. Bake in the oven for 1 hour, turn them over and bake for another 1/2 hour. The chips should be golden brown and delicious looking. If some are still tender in the middle, give them five minutes, and they should crisp on up. (P.S- I have tried quicker versions of making sweet potato chips, but they always end up getting burned.)
- Once your chips are all set and baking, you can start on the Whole30 Nacho Sauce. Just pour your coconut milk, peeled avocados (without seeds), chipotle pepper, lime juice, mandarin orange juice, cilantro, cumin, garlic powder, and salt into a food processor (I used the Nutra Ninja Pro)and blend until smooth. Then, put it into a small cooking pan to warm up until ready to smother on the chips.
- While your sweet potato chips are still cooking, you can work on the chicken. In a large bowl, whisk together the salt and garlic powder. Then, add the chicken and massage the it in for maximum flavor. Next, pour your coconut oil onto a pan at med-high and add that chicken. Make sure to let the chicken cook on either side for three to four minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Now, place the cooked chicken in a bowl and toss the mandarine orange juice and lime juice over. Then shred or dice all of the chicken.
- Last, chop up your red onion, grape tomatoes and jalapenos and set aside.
Now it’s time to layer your Whole 30 Nacho’s so you can devour it with your friends. Start by placing the sweet potato chips onto a plate, then, smother it with your whole30 nacho sauce. Add your chicken, 1-2 cups of guacamole, and sprinkle your grape tomatoes, red onion, jalapenos and cilantro for the extra yum factor.
- Jamie with Makeup Life Love gives us un update on week three!
- Taz and Belly makes the most delicous Whole30 breakfast casserole I want to eat now.
- My Life Well Loves shares with us her Whole 30 must haves.
You Might Also Like
Resources You Might Need