Whoever thought of inventing dry shampoo is the superhero for women everywhere. Seriously though, for lazy days when washing, drying, and then styling seems like a daunting task (which is every time for me), dry shampoo saves the day. If you were on my blog a few weeks ago, you probably saw my big confession that I only wash my hair every 7 days. While some of you were gagging at the thought of my dirty little hair secret, others were asking me about my favorite dry shampoo for the in between days. So for those of you that asked, and also for those of you who are now curious, here are the 5 best dry shampoos according to me and a few trusted beauty professionals.
- Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo: Pay attention my friends because this is currently my favorite dry shampoo. I found it randomly at the Makeup Show in Dallas last September and was blown away by how it reduced the oil immediately and gave really good volume to my hair. It also didn’t leave any type of white chalky residue in my hair and it smells so good that I kind of want to use it as a body spray. In my opinion, it’s worth every penny. Found Here
- Not You’re Mothers Clean Freak Dry Shampoo: I found this dry shampoo in a sample box subscription that I once had and it left an impression. I liked how it kept my hair matte and the oil absorbed all day long. Also, I seemed to get a ton of use out of this bottle and the price is really good. One last thing, the name of this product is genius. Found Here
- Big Sexy Hair Dry Shampoo: This mineral and clay based dry shampoo has been one of my go-to dry shampoo for years. I always keep it stocked and in my hair kit for both professional and personal use because I know that I can count on it to work well, plus it doesn’t affect my hair color. And- just to confirm my love for this dry shampoo, my fellow makeup artist friend who is on set all day every day doing hair and makeup, swears by this stuff. Great minds think alike. Found Here
- Pureology Dry Shampoo: According to my hairstylist that I trust and adore, this is his must have dry shampoo. It’s key ingredients are Obsidian, Smothsonite, and an anti-fade complex that keeps hair fresh and the color vibrant. In addition, it’s made without parabens, sulfates and mineral oils. Found Here
- Batiste Dry Shampoo: For an inexpensive dry shampoo option that also works, you should give Batiste a try. I got this in a beauty subscription box this year and was expecting it to be far more expensive than the $7.99 price tag. With that said, if I was purchasing solely on appearance, I would have passed this up because it has a weird vibe to me. But based on beauty snobs everywhere and my own experience, it’s worth getting even with the ugly packaging. Found Here
Do you use dry shampoos regularly? If so, what is your favorite one?
Next time you are on the hunt for a product that gives your hair that fresh, clean look without having to wash it, make sure to check out these 5 best dry shampoos options!
note- there are affiliate links within this post. See disclosure page for details.