With all of the christmas cheer going around- we are bound to maybe drink more holiday cocktails and/or coffee than perhaps we would on the other 10-11 months out of the year. This is all fun (and I am right there with you), but it can be rather dehydrating to your poor skin, leaving it without the holiday glow. So here are a few tips to keep your skin envy-worthy while sipping your drink of choice.
1) Go Pro- There are a few thing’s that only a professional can or should do. Having a chemical peel done is one of them, and Botox is the other. We’ll start with Chemical Peels-and I am not suggesting you go do a crazy peel where you are sloughing off dead skin chunks from now until New Years! No, no, no- just opt for a lunchtime peel that will leave your skin looking fresh, soft and dewy. A few of my favorite peels that only an esthetician (or nurse) should do is the Obagi Blue Peel Radiance, Epionce Peel System, and the SkinCeauticals Gel Peel. You can go to these links I have attached and find a location that offers these near you.
Next on the list, Botox…or “Vitamin B” shots as I like to call them. Botox takes about 10-15 days to really work, so you need to plan accordingly. If you are wanting near immediate results to knock out some fine lines and wrinkles for Holiday pictures, this would be the way to go. Next you just need to find somewhere to do it.
2) Go DIY– While you won’t get the same results as you would in-office, there are still some options for those of you who would rather skip the fuss and do something similar yourself. Check out my skin treatment picks that will help brighten, exfoliate and refresh your skin: Boscia Lumizing Black Mask, June Jacobs Purifying Papaya Enzyme, and Philosophy The Microdelivery Triple-Acid Brightening Peel.
3) Go SUPER DIY- Have any left over cans of pumpkin puree from Thanksgiving? Try out this DIY Pumpkin Enzyme Peel that will leave your skin fresh and glowing. (Warning though- Pumpkin can sometime be irritating to sensative skin, so do a test patch first before applying to your entire face.) What you need: 2 tbs of organic pumpkin puree and 1 tbs of organic plane yogurt. Mix together and walla, just apply to your face for 5-10 minutes.
4) Hyluronic Acid- This is a must have for getting hydrated and glowing skin! It acts like a magnet for water which helps keep moisture locked in! Check out the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair synchronized recovery complex, one of my favorites for dramatic results.
5) Moisturize- Having an amazing moisturizer is key- one of my must haves is the Epionce Renewal Facial Cream. If this is too heavy for you, try out the Renewal Facial Lotion or Renewal Lite Facial lotion. Check out this fabulous article HERE on why I love these products! They are clinically proven to penetrate your skin deeper than buying a drugstore brand.
6) Sleep- If you are like me, we pretty much have a party to go to every night from now until January 1st, so getting sleep between them is essential for keeping the dark under-eyes at bay and allowing your skin to naturally revive, heal and refresh it’s self. According to sleepacademy.org “The process of sleep helps to increase the collagen production in the skin, which helps retain water, the key to good skin. The nighttime also offers protection from skin stressors that we may encounter throughout the day such as sunlight, makeup and polluted air that can have many damaging effects on the skin.”
What do you do to keep your skin Holiday fresh? Happy Holidays!
xoxo- Kendra Stanton