Recently, Mary Kay® Global Makeup Artist, Luis Caso created a few gorgeous new looks that were featured on Project Runway. Today I am going to show you how you can get these looks at home because I think they are perfect for fall, and anyone can master them. But, before I go into that, can we take a moment to freak out that time is going at the speed of light! Where did the summer go, and why does life speed up the older I get and the more kids I have? End rant. If you are looking for easy fall makeup looks, these two looks with Mary Kay® will be right up your ally. They are easy to do, don’t require much product, and also don’t take much time to accomplish. Honestly, it’s a rare day as a mom (of now 3) that I have the time to do more than a basic look for every day. I really can’t believe I use to take an hour doing my makeup before kids. With these looks, you can get them finished in 10 minutes or less and still have time to do your hair and possibly eat more than a granola bar for breakfast.
Our first of the 2 Fall Makeup looks with Mary Kay® is the Bronze Glow look. Just because summer is ending doesn’t mean you have to pack your bronzers away until the next season. With this simple makeup look, a dose of bronzed skin without the sun damage is welcome. Let me walk you through how I got this entire look starting with the skin first.
1) After I had evened out my skin with foundation and concealer, I applied the Mary Kay® Bronzing Powder in Light-Medium to the areas of my face that the sun naturally hits. These areas are typically the forehead, upper cheeks, and nose.
2) Then I used the Mary Kay® Mineral Cheek Duo in Spiced Poppy on the apples of my cheeks and used the highlighter on my upper cheek bones.
Pro Tip: When you are applying your blush, do a figure 8 starting at the apples of your cheeks and going towards your temples. When you apply your highlighter, make sure to not go overboard, a little goes a long way.
After you are done applying your bronzer and blush, you want to focus on your eyes. For this look, we are sticking with a bronze and pink color palette that looks good on most anyone and makes virtually any eye color pop. Take a look out how to get this eye makeup design at home.
1) With the Eye Color Brush, apply the Mary Kay® Amber Blaze to the entire lower eyelid and then layer over it with Gold Coast Mineral Eye Color.
2) Blend Precious Pink Mineral Eye Color into the contour of the eyelid. Make sure to blend, blend, blend. There should be no harsh lines.
3) Gently apply the Jet Black Gel Eyeliner as close to the lash line as possible for added definition. Then apply a few layers of the Lash Love Lengthening Mascara to finish your eye look.
Pro Tip: I have this saying that bad brows make a good makeup look bad. So make sure to pay attention to them by using Mary Kay® Mechanical Brow Liner. When done correctly, this step will make your makeup look more polished and pulled together.
Finally for the Bronze Glow makeup look, apply the NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss in Beach Bronze to your lips. This pale peach gloss is the icing on the cake for this Fall makeup look. Now let’s take a look at the second of the two fall makeup looks with Mary Kay®, shall we?
If you like a strong lip, you are going to love the Sculpted makeup look. With the focus being on the cheeks and lips, we are keeping the eyes clean and minimalistic. Let’s start with the eyes first and then we will finish with the face and lips.
1) Focus on your brows by using the Mechanical Brow liner (I used Blonde) to shape the brows. Start by defining right under the brow to create the shape, and then make small strokes following the natural hair growth to fill in any gaps and to make your brows appear fuller. Next apply the Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color in Hazelnut to the arch of the brow using the Eye Smudger Brush.
2) With your fingertip, press the Rosegold Mineral Eye Color onto your lower eyelid and use the Eye Color Brush to blend into the contour of the eye.
3) Next highlight under your brow bone with Crystalline Mineral Eye Color. 4) Last, apply the Mary Kay Black Eyeliner to the base of the upper lash line and finish with a few layers of the Lash Love Mascara in Black.
Pro Tip: If applying eyeliner intimidates you, make small dots along the lash line and then connect them together with the Eye Smudger Brush or an angled liner brush.
While I like to have a defined cheek bone, I think overdoing it on the face contouring just doesn’t look good in person ever. So, while this look is coined the “Sculpted Look”, it should still look natural and not overdone in the contouring department. When it comes to blush, it’s better to start with a little color and then add more if necessary.
1) Apply the Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color Duo in Juicy Guava to the apples of your cheeks using the figure 8 technique.
2) Highlight above the cheek bone with the Cheek Brush to bring highlight and contrast to the face.
3) For the lips, line them with the Dark Chocolate Lip liner and then apply True Dimensions Lipstick in Spice ‘N’ Nice over the top.
Pro Tip: To make your lipstick last longer, blot your lips with the Beauty Blotter tissue and then repeat your lipstick application and blot once more.
I love the finished results of the Sculpted Look for Fall because it’s simple but still very much glam. I think the beauty of both of these fall makeup Looks is that they can be dressed up or down. I can imagine wearing them to a business meeting, a playdate, or on a romantic evening out with the husband. And–while I think these looks are perfect for Fall, don’t think I won’t be wearing these colors into the holiday season! That lip color might be showing up in several future holiday makeup posts…just sayin.
For more beauty looks and information on Mary Kay® products, you can visit their website, visit the Mary Kay® Project Runway page, follow them on Facebook, and watch their videos on YouTube! Leave me a comment below and tell me which of these two looks you like the best to be entered to win a Mary Kay® prize pack! Have fun playing around with these 2 Fall Makeup Looks with Mary Kay®! Entry Instructions: No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods: 1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post 2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post 3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post 4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry. This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 8/31/2015 – 9/27/2015 Be sure to visit Mary Kay’s brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!