You know I am a fan of highlighting my face, but did you know that you can make your own glow potion at home? Here is a DIY cream highlighter for glowing skin that takes all of 5 minutes to make. This RMS Luminzer dupe is a made at home makeup recipe for shimmery, illuminated skin, and it’s simple to re-create and even easier to apply. Gather a few girlfriends and make cosmetic making party out of it!
I wasn’t kidding about the DIY party suggestion. Honestly, you will be shocked by how little product you actually need to make this DIY Cream Highlighter. Some ingredients you might already have like coconut oil, vitamin e, and maybe even castor oil. Other ingredients for this illuminator you may have to buy. If that’s the case, you will have a ton of product ingredients left over, so, you can either save it for future makeup DIY’s, or grab some girlfriends and have a party.
As you know, I do a lot of Beauty DIY’s like this DIY Brightening Face Scrub or this DIY lemon drop lip scrub. I usually create thing’s i’m interested in and that I will for sure use like this DIY Vitamin C Serum. So, I’ve had my eye on the RMS cream highlighter for a while now and wanted to make a similar recipe as the reviews are absoutely amazing and if you’ve ever tried it, you’ll understand why. It has a gorgeous creamy feel to it, not sticky, and blends into your skin and leaves behind some glow magic.
DIY Cream Highlighter Ingredients
- 1 tbs MICA in your shimmery highlighter color of choice. I like the pearl shade or champagne.
- 1 tbs Coconut Oil
- 1/3 tbs Beeswax Pellets
- 3 drops Vitamin E
- 1 tsp Castor Oil
- 2-3 drops Frankincense Oil or Rosemary Oil
- Empty Lip Gloss Container
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Small Mixing Spoon
- Cool Vibes because You’re Awesome : )
DIY Cream Highlighter Instructions and How To
Like I said, this is such an easy and simple Beauty DIY that I don’t know why I never did it before. I love illuminated and highlighted skin; it’s the best! So, here are my step by step instructions on how you can make cream highlighter with shimmery goodness at home.
- Grab your mixing bowl.
- Literally dump everything except the MICA into the mixing bowl. This includes Coconut Oil, Beeswax Pellets, Vitamin E, Castor Oil, Essential Oil (Frankincense or Rosemary).
- Put it in the Microwave for 1 minute. You could be fancy and do the double potted boiler…but we’re not trying to be professionals here. Aight? Just get it all melted down.
- Once your ingredients are melted, add in your MICA and mix it like an actual boss. Your MICA will tend to settle at the bottom of your mixing bowl, so, keep stirring and then pour the mixture into your lipgloss container.
- It takes just a few minutes for your DIY Cream Highlighter to become solid. If for some reason you aren’t happy with the consistancy and want to add more MICA for some extra shimmer, just melt it down again, add the extra ingredients, and let it harden again.
- Pay yourself on the back. Good job.
Also, to note, I did make a few other shades too just because it sounded fun. But, you just have to experiment with different MICA Shades.
Here is a shopping list for what you need to make this. Like I said before, all of these ingredients initially my be a little spendy. But, if you like doing fun DIY beauty recipies, you will want to have most of these items in your home anyways.
- MICA in Pearl, Pink, Metallic
- Coconut Oil
- Beeswax Pellets
- Vitamin E
- Castor Oil
- Frankincense Oil or Rosemary Oil
- Empty Lip Gloss Container
- Small Glass Mixing Bowl
Anyways, it’s really pretty easy to make this glowing skin makeup product. If you don’t know how to apply your highlighter, I have this entire page on how to highlight your skin that gives you tips on tricks for natural highlighting tricks to how to higlight your skin to look younger.
Kind of proud of this concoction! Check out what it looks like on my skin next 🙂
I geek out on stuff like this. I hope you guys have fantastic day!
note- there are affiliate links in this post. Thanks for using them!