NYE Makeup is always different than every day; it’s the one night of the year where over-the-top gold, colorful, and sparkly, disco ball eyes are absolutely normal and even expected. So, I am going to take advantage of the awkward stair free-pass (aka-mom grocery shopping with three kids wearing false lashes with multi-colored eyelids) and ring in 2016 with makeup that is easy to do but still gorgeous enough that it fit’s right in with my fellow sparkle-fest makeup lovers. If you are looking for an easy NYE makeup look, this one is for you.
Last year, I did a holiday makeup look that incorporated some gold as an eyeliner, and it was such a popular makeup look that I decided to use gold again. My eye makeup in this look is mostly a gorgeous dark purple accented with gold and darkened with black. I also used some beautiful false lashes that are light and feathery, making my eyes look even more dramatic.
My eye design for this NYE Makeup look is inspired by the colors on the It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty palette. Everything in this holiday palette is matte, but you can layer the transforming pearl to any of these eyeshadows to give a luminous look. The colors that I used are Devotion, Fate, Peaceful, and the Transforming Pearl. I wanted to keep my color selection simple but impactful.
WHAT YOU NEED
- It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Eyeshadow Palette
- Jouer Cosmetics Mink eyeliner
- Black eyeliner
- Lancome Definicils Mascara
- Esqido False Lashes in Miss Dolly using Companion Lash Glue
- Jouer Cosmetics Lipstick in Kate
GET THE LOOK
- Base eyelids with primer and press Devotion onto your full lower eyelid and under your lower lash line.
- Blend Fate into your crease and apply Peaceful under your brow bone to soften any harsh lines.
- Apply black eyeliner close to your upper and lower lash line. Then use MINK eyeliner under the lower-lash-black- liner and blend out any harsh lines. Use Transforming Pearl to soften around your entire makeup look and to add some extra glow.
- Get your false lashes and make them really stay by using the Esqido long lasting eyelash glue. Top off your eyelashes with some black mascara for added glam.
For the rest of your, NYE Makeup look, keep it simple. Since your eyes are the focus, and they are already purple and colorful, I would refrain from taking your makeup to another level of sparkle or glam. To finish this look, apply your foundation (I used the Make Up For Ever HD Ultra), and then use a blush that has a soft glow like this one from Jane Iredale. Keep your lips soft by using the Jouer Cosmetics Lipstick in Kate and don’t forget to make your brows look amazing. As I always say, “bad brows make a good makeup look bad.”
Cheers to more NYE Makeup Looks coming your way, so make sure to bookmark my blog, follow me everywhere and subscribe. Are you on Periscope? We should be friends.
Uggh I am definitely lusting after that IT Cosmetics palette! Love the look!
You look gorgeous! Loving that purple!