Did you see Olivia Wildes makeup at the Golden Globes 2016? Her makeup was by far my favorite, especially her burgundy eyeshadow. And, with Valentines Day coming up, I thought her eyes would be perfect to recreate so you too can get the look.
Burgundy has been a popular color choice for not only clothes and bags, but for cosmetics as well. Think lipstick, blush and, of course, nail polish, but it’s rare to see it as the main color of an eyeshadow design. I think the reason for that is because burgundy (or oxblood) can be tricky to pull off if you are not careful; it can make the red in your eyes look even redder. However, this eye makeup is tastefully blended with a black liner, and the contrast is absolutely gorgeous.
(Check out my recent post with all of my favorite makeup must-haves of all time HERE)
- Whoopie Pie
Do you need some inspiration for your Valentines Day makeup? Take a peek at this step-by-step tutorial featuring the Ciate London Olivia Palermo Smokey Suedes Eye Palette. This palette has beautiful winter colors that are highly pigmented and blend really well together. When I saw Olivia Wildes makeup, this eyeshadow palette popped into my mind…and it was perfect for what I need to recreate this makeup look.
If you are wondering how to get Olivia Wildes eye makeup from the Golden Globes 2016 or are just looking for a fun V-Day eye makeup design, check this one out. I will map out the look and tell you exactly what colors to use, where to apply them, and what makeup brushes to use.
Note: All of the colors here that I am referring to are from the Ciate London Olivia Palermo Smokey Suede Eyeshadow Pallette.
- Prime your eyelids with the Urban Decay Potion Primer first. Then, press Glazed all over entire lower eyelid and under the lower lashline with a flat eyeshadow brush.
- Blend Plumberry and Cocoa into the contour of the eye and also under the lower lashline with a blender brush. Sweep Prosecco and Butler under the brow bone to blend.
- Dip an angled eyeliner brush in water and then dip the damp brush into Cocoa. Sweep it across the upper lashline going outwards and then sweep up at an angle. Go over that with the Plumberry.
- Apply Lancome Black eyeliner to the upper lashline, lower lashline, and the waterline. Blend it in with an angled eyeliner brush and connect at the outside corners of your eyes.
- Add a few layers of your favorite mascara, mine is the Better Than Sex from Too Faced that I am rave about.
You can shop this look at Sephora and get everything you need!
Have a great day you guys and please let me know if you have any questions.
note* There are affiliate links within this post. Please see disclosure page for details.