Finally, an easy fishtail braid hairstyle and tutorial for lazy people that don’t care about their hair, but want people to think they do (talking in the 3rd person here). This fishtail braid is easy to do because we aren’t going for perfection here. If you want to learn how to do a fishtail braid, follow along with my step-by-step instructions and the video from my live Facebook beauty chats. It’s just as easy a doing my easy BOHO hairstyle here!
What’s great about this easy fishtail braid is that it takes about 2 minutes to accomplish. It’s the same theory as normal fishtail braid, just with larger pieces of hair, and a lot less precision. This easy hairstyle is perfect for busy women who want to look put together, but just don’t have the time.
Easy Fishtail Braid Hairstyle
Because if we are being honest, who has time for complicated hairstyles?
On a personal note, I am a mom of three kids under 6, so my life feels a bit crazy. Because of this, I need easy beauty for my day to day life as a makeup artist, blogger, and all of the other titles that I have acquired over the years that isn’t complicated. Most day’s I throw my hair up into a topknot, but, for days when I want to switch up my look, this easy fishtail braid is everything.
Lazy Fishtail Braid Tutorial
Tools You Need for a Lazy Fishtail Braid
This is really simple! All you need is a rubberband, your fingers, and a flat iron! On this step by step tutorial I am using the Hot Tools Argan Infused Flat iron. All I am going to say is, it’s the best $59.00 you will spend on a hairtool. See my Live Beauty Tutorial on it here!
How to do a Lazy Fishtail Braid
- Pull all of your hair to the side and split it into two. We will the hair pieces “A” and “B.”
- Take a piece of hair from the back of “A”, loop it over and connect it “B.”
- Then, take a piece of hair from the back of “B”, look it over and connect it with “A”.
- Keep doing this until you get to the end of your hair, and then tie it off with a small elastic band.
- Next, separate the braid a bit by pulling the sides so it looks messy.
- With the hair the has fallen out in the front, curl it with a flat iron. If you don’t have any hair that has fallen out, take your fingers and lightly pull some out on both sides.
Lazy Fishtail Braid Video Tutorial
Have a great day guys! Also, check out my giveaway going on right now for a ONE HOUR live beauty coaching session with me! Check out the details here!