One of my favorite basic makeup tips is learning how to get your red lipstick on the right way and apply it correctly. We’ve all seen it done wrong. So, let’s avoid that altogether! Here are are a few tips and tricks on keeping your red lipstick in the lines of your lips with no smudging.
Bold, red lips seem to always be on trend, and I personally will wear it in any season– but especially the holidays. I am a red-lip a-holic.
Here’s a red lips and pink eyes makeup look I did that I think you’ll love!
You can also check out this simple holiday makeup classic red lips I created for your Christmas looks.
If you are nervous about wearing the bold trend, start with a stain and then bump up to this tutorial on how to get red lips. Though, between you and I–I’m voting that you take the risk and dip your toes into the world of red lipstick.
So, if you are feeling adventurous and want to take the red lipstick plunge? Here is an easy break down of how you can get beautiful red lips by using my easy-to-follow guide!
Basic Makeup Tips on Getting the Perfect Red Lips…
1. Conceal your entire lip edge so that you can basically create a new (even) one. Try and get one that is retractable–you’ll need it for sep 6. Here is one of my favorite retractable concealer pen suggestion for you, babe!
2. Make symmetrical dots with a red lip pencil like this one, on the peak of you lip points, then, into the center, like a V. Next, make two more dots on the corners of your mouth and then into the center edge of your bottom lip.
3. Connect the dots with your lip pencil either by free-hand, or by using the edge of a business card.
5. I am not going to lie, applying red lipstick (or any bold lipstick choice) can be a pain in the booty! Sometimes that red lipstick ends up in very very random places. So use a concealer that either has a brush on the end, or use a concealer brush and apply it around the edges of your lip line. Your lips will look professionally done because they will look polished and not messy.
6. Now just sit and stare at the pretty art work on your face. Yeah…you just did that.
Looking for a good RED LIPSTICK? Here are my picks!
Disclaimer: There are affiliate links within this post. All thoughts and opinions are that of my own!