I was one of the crazy people who stayed up to watch the Royal Couple get married. I am glad I did just for the experience and for the pure curiosity I had about Kate’s dress and makeup. I did maybe fall asleep a few times when the congregation started singing!
I thouroughly enjoyed watching all of the guests waltz in sporting their creative and very Lady Gaga style hats. Check out the hats Princess’s Beatrice and Eugenie had going on, talk about crazy. I also liked the hat Miss Posh had one, but it’s true, she did look like she was going to a funeral and seriously Victoria…you should try smiling! On the other hand, she is 7 months prego, walking around in heels! Perhaps I wouldn’t be smiling either. Of the three hats, which one would you dare to try out if you were attending this wedding?
Then there was the much anticipated Princess Kate who was sheer beauty, wearing an Alexandra McQueen dress designed specifically for her. I feel like her entire look was simple, yet still radiated princess! Rumor has it Kate did her own makeup after having 4 private makeup lessons, I think she did a great job, don’t you?
WANT KATES MAKEUP LOOK?
It’s extremely easy, so that’s good news!
1. Use a light weight foundation that matches your skin. The key is to look as if you are not wearing any to give your face a fresh look. Check out DiorSkin Nude, a “non-makeup-makeup.”
2. Conceal under the eyes and any area that has a blemish. Try Bobbi Brown Corrector concealer.
3. Apply a rose/pink blush to the apples of your cheeks and blending towards your temple. Please go light with this, you can always add more! Angelika from Nars is the perfect blush to pull off this look.
4. Kates peepers were beautiful with a touch of smoky to them. Try out the LES 4 OMBRES quad from Chanel in Regard Perle. This shadow quad is a mix a grey, pink, and gold. Starts by applying the white shade under the brow bone and into the tear duct. Then use the grey on the lower eyelid and blend into contour. Also take the grey shade with a liner brush and sweep it close to the bottom lash line Next bust out the pink and gold tone to brighten by adding this into the the contour. To add depth, go back into the contour with the grey and blend, blend, blend.
5. Use a black water proof eyeliner like the Lancome Le Stylo and apply close the the upper and lower lash line using short strokes. Then sweep over it with a liner brush to ensure a straight line and to blend.
6. Before your mascara, make sure to curl your lashes. Then use a black waterproof mascara. I like the Diorshow lengthing and thickening mascara. Just add two or three layers and you will be ready to go!
7. Don’t forget about shaping your brows and top the whole look off with a lip color that is close to your own natural lip color!