If you want soft and smooth legs at home, let me teach you how to wax your legs. It’s honestly not that complicated with these simple waxing guidelines, and I’m here to help! If you want to learn to DIY your leg wax, let me give you some tips and tricks to getting soft and smooth legs at home. All you need is the best wax solution for legs and these simple instructions I am going to teach you. As an esthetician, I have removed every kind of leg hair including real course to super fine. These leg waxing methods will work well no matter what type of hair you have.
Leg Waxing Tips
Waxing your legs at home doesn’t have to be complicated. With that said, you need to have the right waxing products in order to get the best results. I love using hard wax for smaller areas, but for a large area like the legs, soft wax is what you need.
Leg Waxing Tips Product Checklist
- Gigi Wax Pot
- Honee Wax
- Waxing Strips
- Large Waxing Sticks
- Waxing Powder
- Olive or Coconut Oil
- Pre-Wax Skin Cleanser
- Post-Wax Cooling Gel
- Loofah sponge
Leg Waxing Tips Step By Step Guide
- Exfoliate: About a day before your leg wax, make sure to exfoliate your skin with a loofah sponge.
- Let it grow: In order to have a good waxing treatment, the leg hair has to be grown out to at least a quarter of an inch. This means you will be waiting to wax your legs for about 2 to 3 week depending on how fast your hair growth is. Do not shave your leg hair before waxing as this will defeat the entire purpose.
- Turn on Wax Pot: Place your All Purpose Honee wax into the Gigi wax pot and let it warm up. It takes about a half hour for the wax to melt completely. You want the wax to have a medium thickness so it’s not so hot once applied.
- Cut Strips: You want large waxing strips out and ready to go. I like them laid out by my wax pot.
- Prep Skin: Wipe down your legs with a pre-waxing skin cleanser. This just help get any bacteria off prior to applying your wax.
- Wax Powder: You want to place a light layer of wax powder on the skin prior to applying the wax. This protects the skin from harm and allows your wax to come off easier.
- Applying Leg Wax: Once you’ve applied the wax powder, start applying wax to a large section of your legs at a time. I start at the top of my thighs. You want to make sure the wax has a medium thickness so it’s not so hot once applied. Dip your wax stick into the wax and begin.
- Ripping Wax Strip: Place your wax strip firmly on the leg and tear against the hair growth starting at the bottom of the wax strip. DO NOT pull up what-so-ever; you want to rip away from the direction of the hair as quick and swiftly as possible. Keep repeating this step from the top of your legs to your ankles until all of your leg hair is removed.
- Don’t Go Over: Be very careful about waxing over a spot you have previously waxed as you could unintentionally rip off your skin.
- Post Leg Waxing Tips: Once your legs are soft, smooth, and hair free, begin rubbing olive oil or coconut oil on the legs to get off any extra wax.
- Last Leg Waxing Step: Once you have removed all of the wax, rub your post-wax gel on the legs to cool down legs.
Post Leg Waxing Tips and Instructions
Once your legs are all done being waxed, you are going to notice that they will stay red for a few hours after. You want to make sure that you stay out of the sun and avoid vigorous exercise. After a few days start exfoliating your legs with a loofah brush to keep the in-grown hairs away and to prep for your next leg wax.
Leg Waxing Kit
If you don’t want to buy everything you need to wax your legs individually, here is a complete waxing kit that has everything you need and it’s under $50.
Check out these other waxing guidelines for waxing at home. Get tips and tricks and step-by-step instructions.
note- there are affiliate links in this post. Thanks for using them.