I have so many memories of getting everything set for back to school. I always had to make sure I was rocking my best digs, hottest hair (which looking back was tragic), and of course carrying the latest in awesome back packs. (Were those even in style 11 years ago?) I can also clearly remember the summer before my senior year getting the inevitable senior photos taken. Why did I think it was cool to have my face popping out between two branches in the shape of a “V” with tiny yellow flowers on it framing my face perfectly? Why? I can’t even share the photo on here it is so terrible.
Moving on- today’s Makeover Monday is with the lovely Brooke who just happened to be getting her senior photos taken and so I did her makeup. This girl is a beauty inside and out, always wearing a smile with a sweet spirit to go along with. I was lucky to have her in my makeup chair!
Get The Look
2) Next I used the Makeup Forever HD Foundation starting at the center of the face and blending out towards the hairline with a foundation brush and beauty blender.
3) Once her concealing and correcting was done, I used NARS blush in Orgasm on the apples of her cheeks and the MAC Surfbaby bronzer under her cheekbones and sides of her forehead.
Brooke doesn’t usually wear much in the way of makeup, so I didn’t want to go overboard on her eyes….especially for her senior photos as it still needed to reflect and look like her! I kept the eyeshadows soft and peachy, while making her beautiful blueish-green eyes pop.
1)First prep eyes with the Face Stockholm Eye Fix, applying it to the entire eyelid.
2) Press a peach shimmery shadow to the entire lower eyelid and blend into the crease. Next sweep under the brow bone with a light shimmery shadow to blend both shades together.
3) Next use a black liner and trace as close as possible to the upper and lower lash line. When doing the lower lash line, stop about half way and blend with a liner brush going towards the inner eye. Now trace the water line with a white eye pencil to open and brighten your eyes.
4) Mascara and brows! This girl has longest lashes ever and they are all natural! The only downfall is that they are super blonde and need to be darkened. So I used two coats of the Urban Decay cannonball mascara in black to lengthen, volumize and give her waterproof protection. For her brows, I just used a taupe shade shadow with an angled liner brush and lightly darkened them a bit by tracing over her natural brow.
1) I just kept her lips simple by basing them with a nude liner and then topping it with the Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in Buff Beige Pink.
Thanks Brooke! Your a beautiful rock star….happy senior year!
xoxo- Kendra Stanton Beauty Blogger and Portland, OR Makeup Artist