My husband is usually all about the fashion trends, but when it comes to boyfriend jeans, he is vehemently against it. I bought a pair of Topshop boyfriend jeans for short girls and there are some large tears in the knees which isn’t a big deal since ripped denim has been a thing for a while now. However, they do have a longer butt and crop a little above my ankle but you guys…they are so comfy and pair really well with an easy-t-shirt and cardigan. I actually really like this jean trend for many reasons but mostly because it’s super comfy and I saw all of my Instagram friends wearing them like Lauren McBride and Riane Hubert from Stello Style. It’s all of their faults that I am wearing the boyfriend jean trend that my husband hates.
Why My Husband Hates Boyfriend Jeans
I am going to break down the top five reasons why my husband really hates the baggy denim look that he is so passionate about hating on. Like, he would really just appreciate if I would return them to Nordstrom A.S.A.P. But I don’t know if I can do that you guys because I like them and sometimes you just have to remain true to yourself and your jean values.
- Boyfriend jeans look like you went to Goodwill and grabbed a pair of man pants that are several sizes too huge, put them on, and gave up on life.
- When you wear your boyfriend jeans, it looks like you are actually wearing your mom’s hand-me-downs from the 80’s. Oh wait, she wouldn’t even wear these and neither would her mom.
- I feel like I am on the set of Newsies when you are wearing these awful pants and I am with you.
- Don’t take this the wrong. Boyfriend jeans are not very form fitting or flattering on you or anyone. In fact, your bottom half reminds me of an Oompa Loompa when you wear them.
- I don’t like the name.
Why I Don’t Care My Husband Hates My Boyfriend Jeans
Wearing: Topshop Boyfriend Jeans
- Alright, now that you know why me sweet husband really dislikes this trend, I’m gonna go ahead and defend it. Half of the world is wearing ripped up torn everything. Most trendy people right now look like that walked out of Nordstroms and Goodwill at the same time. I don’t know how this even makes any sense. But it does and in fact, seems to look pretty killer.
- As you know, my mom has and had pretty good style back in the day. She would have totally rocked this trend along with her short 80’s bowl haircut which is currently swinging back around on the popular hairstyle list. If you diss my boyfriend jeans one more time, I’m getting the bowl haircut too. Thanks.
- Christian Bale was a total babe in newsies and even possibly my first crush. I’m fine with being on his movie set.
- Rude. And just so you know, sometimes the form-fitting pants make it hard to eat loads of chips and salsa which you know I’m obsessed with. My boyfriend jeans allow for some food lovin all while hiding the bloat that comes next. Just sayin.
- Now I have to wear them. “Look What You Made Me Do” -Taylor Swift
- P.S- I love you so.
Alright friends, are you pro boyfriend jeans or avidly against them? Let me know in the comments!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
note- there are affiliate links in this post. Thanks for using them and supporting this site.