As of a few day’s ago, I have short blonde hair. I have always been a blondie, but 4 years ago I decided to go dark. And, then of course, as time went on, I transitioned to a bazillian different versions of dark hair. I am not one to really ever be satisfied with my hair, the moment I get it done, I am already thinking about what I can do different the next time. I am not talking major hair changes, but subtle differences in color and texture.
But I was kind of getting sick of the brown long hair thing and made a pretty drastic decision – as far as hair goes – to chop it off and go back to blonde (thanks, Beyonce, for the inspiration); I now have short blonde hair. Currently, I am indifferent to this decision. Actually, I am kind of freaking out… majorly freaking out. My long hair that I spent years growing is now in the trash can. Awesome.
Here are my reasons for cutting my locks into short blonde hair:
1) I thought it would be easier as a mom with kids. That was a wrong assumption. I can’t throw it up into an easy top knot anymore.
2) My family has been pressuring me for a few years now to go back to blonde. I totally caved.
3) The ends of my hair had seen better days. It needed to be cut…just maybe not 6 inches shorter.
4) Who doesn’t want to look like queen Bey a little bit? Well, that was a fail.
5) Ombre’s are on their way out and short hair is coming in. I wanted to be with the current times.
In all reality, I know I will get use to this major hair change, but for now, every time I look in the mirror, I am questioning my decision. The good new is that hair grows… just not fast enough.
Hopefully between now and a few more inches of longer hair, I will get used to this short blonde hair change and want to keep it around. For now though, I am in process of trying out product for short hair, I like the textured look, and the Oribe Apres Beach Wave Shine and Hairspray gives it to me. I am thankful for that!
Have you ever made a hair change that you questioned?