Today I’m going to show you this red lips and pink eyeshadow makeup look and give you a breakdown with application tips! Yes, it’s Valentine’s day, which is basically another day to wear red lipstick and bust out a pink eyeshadow, ammiright? Truthfully, you don’t have to have a date or a Galentine or a crush to wear this fun red lip makeup look. Though be warned, your lips will look kissable without a doubt. If you feel like playing up your look for this love-filled holiday, here is a breakdown of this makeup look with everything I am wearing for eyeshadow, lipstick, blush, and more.
Red Lips and Pink Eyeshadow Makeup Breakdown
Alright, here is a breakdown of everything I used in this Valentine’s day makeup look using red lipstick and pink eyeshadow. I will also give you a step-by-step tutorial of how you can get the look too with these products or similar ones.
Red Lips and Pink Eyeshadow Makeup Breakdown Details:
Face Makeup Breakdown
- I applied the Beautycounter tint skin in the color Sand to my entire face using a Beautyblender. You could also use a foundation brush to apply it too if you want! Here is a tutorial on how to apply your foundation with a brush.
- Then I applied Guava blush from Beautycounter onto the apples of my cheeks with a blush brush. By the way, this is my favorite blush right now; it’s perfect for spring!
- After I did my blush, I used the Beautycounter Halo highlighter and added it above my cheekbones, above my brow, cupids bow, and more. I have an entire blog post about the areas of the face you should highlight that you should check out.
- Now that my face is lit, I added my bronzer to all the best places like my forehead, under my cheekbone and other natural areas of the face the sun typically hits.
Eye Makeup Breakdown
- First, I did my brows! I don’t ever skip brow’s and honestly, I feel naked without them. Have you tried Benefit brow products before? I used the Foolproof Brow Powder in #2 and it I love the shade with my blonde hair. If you don’t know how to do your brows, check out my blog post on how to shape your eyebrows like a professional!
- Alright, once my brows were taken care of, I grabbed the Guava blush from Beautycounter and applied it to my lower eyelid and blended it into the contour of my eyes with a fluffy blender brush. I also swept the blush under my lower lashline as well.
- Then, I highlighted under my brow bone and into the corner of my eyes with an ivory shimmery shade. I used the pale shimmery shade from my Beautycounter Classic Palette.
- Last, I curled my eyelashes and applied a few layers of the COLLAB mascara that I found at Sally’s Beauty Supply of all places and it’s actually good. I also found this mascara on AMAZON for the same price though if you want to keep to that online shopping life. Though it’s legitimately hard to get off…so you will have to use a generous amount of makeup remover.
- Urban Decay just sent me four new lipsticks and one of them was the Love Drunk which is a stunning shade of a super dark red and yes, I am wearing it in these pictures. I applied this lipstick to my lips with a brush so it would be really precise and clean. You can use this makeup tip on how to apply red lipstick if you don’t feel super confident. Or, you could just apply the lipstick and blot it off for a pretty stained look.
Alright, that’s it for this makeup look breakdown! Hope you guys have a fantastic day!
*There are affiliate links in this post. Thanks for using them to support this site!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE