I am one of those shoppers that checks out the clearance isles first because I love a good bargain on pretty much anything (lets not talk about the couponing binder I used 3 years ago that weighed more than my 3 year old), but especially on clothes and accessories. So when coupons.com challenged me to put together a head-to-toe outfit from Macy’s for under $100.00, I knew I could pull it off, and then some. Basically all I needed to do was shop on-line at Macys.com with a $100.00 gift card that coupons.com gifted me with, choose my items, then use the macy’s coupon codes to get a further discount. I needed to be able to use my picks in two posts, which will be no problem. I am excited to do this challenge!
My personal style tends to be a bit eclectic. I love mixed prints with pops of color, hence the reason I instantly gravitated to this high-low dress that I worked my outfit around and paired with my own cropped jean jacket and chunky bracelet. All of the other items in this post were purchased from Macy’s and you will see my other finds in my second Savvy Style Challenge post next week. Yay!
I rarely ever purchase any clothing or accessory item for full price unless it is an investment purchase like jeans or shoes. Even then, it’s questionable because everything always goes on sale. So when I purchased these items, I got really lucky because there was a 20% off coupons.com coupon available, and a macys.com sale event happening; a bargain shoppers dream scenario.
Here is what I got and what I saved:
1. Teen Vogue Juniors Dress, Sleeveless Printed High-Low: Payed $12.74 and it was 0rig. $42.00
2. Rocket Dog Shoes, Sayla Booties: Payed $39.99 and it was orig. $60.00
3. America Rag Arrow Drop Earings: Payed $6.00 and it was orig. $12.00 (no longer available)
So I would have payed $114,00, but with the Macy’s sale and my coupons.com coupon, I only payed $58.73! Not bad!
I love high-low dresses, but isn’t this one gorgeous?
These geo-metric earring’s will go well with so many outfits!
Since I live in Portland, we are entering into the cold, rainy season. So I needed to layer this dress with something that would make me a little warmer…I am perpetually cold. I basically walk around with a heater any time I can.
I love this dress because it is so transitional. Perfect for the fall, but also perfect for the Cabo Vacation I am going on in a few weeks. I can’t wait!
Anything I wear has to be comfy enough to wear while chasing after little ones (note the black top was switched to the blue jean jacket after there was a food spill…perfect timing). These two keep me busy all day long…I wouldn’t have it any other way.
–Side note, taking pics by yourself with a tripod, camera and kids is basically a mini panic-attack. Thats the reason why there is only one pic with my babes; it just wasn’t going to happen beyond this. Note the stick in Z’s hand and the fact that I had to bribe her (yup, I am that mom) with hot chocolate in order to get her to sit still.
Obviously I can’t get through a post without adding in a little beauty..it’s my thing. Here is what I wore on my face for this post.
1. I use the Jouer Cosmetics Luminizing Moisture tint in Golden Glow on my entire face.
2. Brightened up my cheeks with Jane Iredale PurePressed Blush in Cotton Candy.
2. Shaped my brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Genius Kit.
3. Using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Catwalk Eyeshadow Palette from this post here: I based my entire eyelid with #8, then contoured with #4 and swept #5 underneath my lower lash line-blending to the inner corner with #8.
4. Next I used the EyeKo Skinny Liquid liner in blue to get my vintage line and topped it all with black mascara.
5. My lips were the Bite Beauty Cashmere lip cream in Rioja.
FIND ME ELSEWHERE
Have a lovely Friday!!
note* I was compensated with a $100.00 giftcard to Macy’s from coupons.com to write this post and show my savvy style. All thoughts and opinions are that of my own.