A few years ago I created this simple holiday makeup classic red lips look and I wanted to re-share it because it was so easy to create. Yes, I have dark hair here, but you can rock the red lips with any hair color. What’s so great about wearing red lips is that it immediately dresses up any holiday look and you can keep your eyemakeup simple and easy to create. I don’t know about you, but with all of the Christmas parties coming up and the fact that I am a mom of three, my time is limited and so creating a makeup look that is a simple go-to is essential.
This makeup look has gone viral on Pinterest a few times because, well, it’s a simple holiday makeup look to create. I know that red-lips can seem intimidating sometimes, but you can check out this easy red lipstick tutorial to conquer your fear. And, if you need a confidence boost, here you go sister..YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE! If you feel like wearing red lips, my friend, rock it and who cares what other people think! I learned a long time ago that no matter what you do in this life, someone will have an opinion. So, don’t be shy, wear the red lipstick for your holiday party if you want to. If you don’t, check out this other holiday makeup look that doesn’t require bold lips.
Simple Holiday Makeup Classic Red Lips Product Essentials
What you Need is Simple:
- Eyes: Naked 2 Palette (or similar shades)
- Lips: Red Lipstick (my current absolute fave is Beautycounter Girls Night Out (safe beauty products are my jam)
- Cheeks: I just used the same lipstick color for my blush!
- Brow: Here is a brow tutorial for you to check out with what products to have!
- Foundation: Check out this foundation tutorial with a brush.
How To Apply Your Simple Holiday Makeup Classic Red Lips Look
Simple Holiday Makeup Classic Red Lips Step-by-Step Tutorial:
- Do you brows obviously using the tutorial I linked above.
- Apply Urban Dceay Potion Primer to your entire eyelid.
- Grab your Naked 2 Palette and apply Suspect to your entire lower eyelid with a flat eyeshadow brush.
- Apply Suspect under your lower lash-line with an angled eyeliner brush.
- With a blender eyeshadow brush, apply Snakebite into the contour of your eyelid using circular motions.
- Curl your eyelashes and apply your Mascara.
- Next, apply your foundation using the tutorial I linked above.
- Grab your red lipstick and apply that using the red lips tutorial.
- Use a dab of your red lipstick and apply it to the apples of your cheeks.
You can curl your hair or pull it up using this simple holiday hair tutorial. I hope you have fun re-creating this look! Let me know if you have any questions.
note-there are affiliate links in this post. Thanks for supporting this site and using them!