I am a major foodie, and my hidden secret is that I love to cook for anyone and everyone. So I wanted to take a chance with you guys today and share with you the best Lasagna recipe ever that I have been cooking up for the past ten years. I know this isn’t beauty related, but trust me, you will thank me for sharing this Italian dish with you. If you are on a diet, I am sorry because this Lasagna recipe isn’t on the low-fat spectrum. It is, however, ah-maz-ing and will wow you, your family, and your guest when you make it for them. It will also cause you to lick the plate clean like I did last night. That’s gross…but the absolute truth.
If you are on a diet, I am going to suggest making this Lasagna on a cheat night and having a small portion. Everything is good in moderation, right? In my family, we eat healthily on a regular basis, so I don’t mind cooking something every once in a while that is perhaps not super low-calorie. Welcome to the best Lasagna recipe ever.
What You Need:
1 package of Lasagna noodles (I used Barilla)
½ cup of fresh Basil chopped
1 TBS Basil Spice divided
1 TBS Oregano Spice divided
2 tsp garlic salt divided
2 to 3 dashes of pepper
1 TBS honey
1 lb of grass fed beef (I got mine at Sprouts)
1 jar of Muir Glen Organic Tomato and Basil Sauce
1 can of Hunts Petite cut tomatoes
1 package of cream cheese
Ricotta Cheese 15oz
1.5 cups Mozzarella
1) Place Lasagna noodles into boiling water until soft. To keep them from sticking, add 1 TBS of olive oil to water. Let them boil until they are soft, then set aside.
2) Mix 1 tsp of garlic salt and ½ TBS of Basil Spice and Oregano into grass fed beef. Then brown the meat in a frying pan until fully cooked. Set aside.
3) In small bowl, whip together the Cream Cheese, Ricotta Cheese, Honey, leftover Basil Spice, Oregano, and Garlic Salt. Once this is fully mixed, add in the chopped fresh Basil.
4) In small saucepan, pour the jar of Muir Glen sauce and Hunts diced tomatoes and mix until warm. (This is my favorite sauce for some reason.)
5) Begin to layer your Lasagna.
1) First add 1/4th cup of sauce to the bottom of 13” X 9” glass baking dish.
2) Then lay down 3 to 4 Lasagna noodles
3) Next add 1/2 cup (estimation) of Ricotta and Cream Cheese mixture until it completely covers the noodles. Your layer doesn’t need to be a thick, just enough to cover the noodles.
4) Now add about 3/4ths cup of Grass Fed Beef over the cheese mixture.
5) Then add 3/4ths cup of sauce over the Grass Fed Beef. I like my Lasagna to be extra saucy, so sometimes I add a little more.
6) Repeat this layers 2 to 3 times depending on how big your dish is.
7) At the very end, just add your Mozzarella as your final step.
8) Last, Bake your ridiculously good Lasagna at 400 degrees for 45 minutes covered with foil. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes for the cheese to brown a bit on top.
9) Once everything is fully cooked and warm, you can add a few leaves of Fresh Basil to make the pretty-food-factor come alive.
Make sure you try out this Lasagna recipe and then let me know how you like it!
Have a great day!