Hydrating lip balms are on everyone’s mind as we head into the fall-winter season once again. I don’t know about you, but chapped lips are no fun for anyone, but especially a red lipstick addict who wants a flawless application. There are a lot of factors that go into healing dry and cracked lips, but one of the most important ones is using a moisturizing lip balm or chapstick that actually works. So, here are the top 5 most hydrating lip balms around that you need to shop, plus some ingredients to look out for when you are buying lip balms.
3 Ingredients to Avoid in Lip Balms and Chapstick
- Alcohol is a drying ingredient…I have zero clue why it would be in a lip balm.
- Peppermint and Menthol feel great, but they will dry your lips out.
- Salicylic acid is a great exfoliant prior to applying your lip balm, but not great for hydrating and healing.
The 5 Most Hydrating Lip Balms
1. Sarah Happ ‘The Lip Slip’ Lip Balm: Sarah Happ is known for her hydrating and healing lip products. If you have never tried one of her famous lip scrubs, just do it now, and then top it with “The Lip Slip’ for silky soft and baby smooth lips. The most powerful ingredients in her product are the Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, and Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil. Just apply this a few times a day and your chapped lips will be on it’s way to healing. $24.00 at Nordstrom FOUND HERE
2. Jane Iredale Lip Drink: Jane Iredale makes one of the best chapsticks for lip hydration ever. It’s formulated with tons of moisturizing ingredients like Carrot Seed Oil and Avacado Oil, plus it has anti-oxidants and soothing aloe. I love that it comes in a stick and that the packaging is gray making it appealing to anyone.
$15.00 at Nordstrom FOUND HERE
3. Kiehls Lip Balm #1: This lip balm classic is formulated with squalene which helps to restore the skin natural moisture barrier. It also contains vitamin E and aloe Vera to help soothe the skin. Thre is no fragrance, dye’s or other lip irritants to be worried about, plus, it’s great price.
$7.00 at Nordstrom FOUND HERE
Price $5.50 at Nordstrom FOUND HERE
5. Burts Bees Lip Balm: One of the best lip balms around for hydration can be found almost anywhere. Burts Bees Lip Balm contains great ingredients like Coco Butter, Sunflower Seed Oil, and Coconut Oil; it’s a great inexpensive chapstick for dry lips.
$3.29 at Ulta FOUND HERE
There are affiliate links within this post. Please see affiliate page for details.