This week I am traveling to Honolulu, Hawaii and packing essentials to make this kid free getaway epic. From easy clothes perfect for a tropical vacation, plus makeup and skincare essentials, I feel prepared and ready to relax. No joke, though, traveling without kids is basically a vacation in and of its self, am I right? I mean, I don’t have one single kid needing one single thing from me. Plus, we are staying at the Hilton Waikiki Beach Resort and have a beachfront view…so, yeah, let the relaxation begin.
Packing essentials for a Hawaiian getaway can be tricky because if you are like me, you feel like you need all the stuff, all the things, and all the choices to be prepared. But if we are honest, we only wear about 25% of what we brought because a tropical vacation is more like comfortable dresses, tanks, minimal makeup, and flip-flops for days. And– that way-to-complicated outfit was great in theory…but nope.
So, let me show you my Honolulu, Hawaii packing essentials!
Honolulu, Hawaii Easy Clothing Packing Essentials
Like I said, it’s a real battle trying to figure out what clothes to leave behind on this kid-free vacation to Honolulu, Hawaii. But, I have narrowed my style essentials down to a few things that I love and know that I will actually wear..like workout wear. Is anyone else all about the comfort like me? I also brought along a few cropped tanks and tees to wear with this high waisted ribbed skirt from Nordstrom. Check out my other clothing packing essentials.
You know what I am happy about? I am happy that workout and wear clothing is an actual thing right now. Like, I can wear my workout clothes all day long without going to the gym and still feel like I am on trend. That, my friends, is winning.
Since I am trying to get my body back after having three kids, bringing workout clothes with me is an essential clothing choice for this Honolulu, Hawaii vacation. Apart from hitting up the gym at the Hilton, we will be hiking Diamond Head and a few other locations. So, I need all of the workout clothes with me as it is likely I will be sweating like a banshee. Here is what I am bringing:
- 1 pair of workout shorts
- 1 pair of long workout shorts
- 1 pair of gym shoes
- 2 sports bras
- 3 workout tanks that can also be used for other things.
I like to mix comfort with style always. Like, always. It’s my thing. So, I brought along a few clothing picks that I thought looked cute together, and that would also represent my relaxed self. I am all about clothes with drawstring because you can adjust the waistline depending on what you eat. For instance, chips and salsa are my down fall and my belly expands about 3 inches every time…so I need some bottoms with a some grace because I will be eating a whole lot of really bad stuff on this vacation with zero shame. Like none. So I am bringing drawstring skirts and shorts because they win at the expanding game, plus, they are comfortable and can be super cute when worn correctly.
- 1 pair of drawstring shorts
- 1 drawstring skirt
- 1 pair of jean shorts
- 2 easy tanks
- 1 comfy cropped t
This cropped clothing trend can be a little scary for us 30 something people that have had children. But, it’s also so cute when done correctly. I don’t necessarily feel comfortable with my tummy being shown, but, I love the whole peek-a-boo idea. PlusI am totally rocking it along with some heels and a fun necklace. I need at least a few date night items to wear since we will be going out to a couple fancy restaurants without kids. Yesss.
- 2 dresses
- 1 skirt
- 1 pair of heels
Honolulu, Hawaii Makeup Essentials
Listen ladies, It took me a while to figure out what makeup products were considered essentials for this Hawaiian vacation. Since I am doing live makeup tutorials from Hawaii on my Facebook page, I had to be very selective and it was pretty annoying. With that said, I did bring along a few eyeshadow palettes from Ciate that absolutely couldn’t be left behind…you will understand why once you see them; they are gorgeous. Also, my current favorite mascara, It Cosmetics SUPERHERO, was something that had to come with because my lashes are ridiculously long when I use it.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation <<<Weightless and basically blends its self.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer <<< Great because it just stays and covers like a beast.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Med/Brown Brow Powder <<<Easy to travel with and works like none other. My go-to for brows.
- It Cosmetics Superhero Mascara <<< Please try this. Like, right now.
- Too Faced Snow Bunny Luminous Bronzer/Highlighter <<< Makes your skin glow and have color. Double bonus.
- Ciate Pretty Palettes <<<Every Ciate Pretty Palette is ridiculously pigmented and have a buttery texture. They are amazing and you need them because they are only $25.00.
- Butter London First Kiss Lipgloss <<< Gorgeous color and feels minty + lasts for hours.
Honolulu, Hawaii Skincare Essentials
I always like to keep my skincare packing essentials simple and bring along only the necessities. I am talking cleanser, a few serums, moisturizer, eye cream and a mask. Okay, maybe that doesn’t sound so simple to you…but skincare is a big deal to me and so I am going to make sure that it is in the best shape possible, especially while on vacation. I need my MURAD SPF and Paula’s Choice Hyaluronic Acid for keeping. My skin will thank me for it as it’s being welcomed by the sunshine and salty seas.
- Clarisonic Mia Fit >>>Best travel skincare brush of all time.
- Paula’s Choice RESIST Hyaluronic Acid Booster <<< Great price and hold 1,000 times its weight in water.
- Boscia BB Eye Brightener <<< You can’t know the amazingness of this stuff until your try it.
- Murad Rebalancing Moisturizer and SPF <<< I will cry when this runs out I love it so much.
- Paulas Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid <<< Great daily exfoliant.
- Decleor Face Cream <<< Perfect skincare end-cap for rehydration.
- GLAMGLOW YouthMud <<< The quintessential skincare mask for all seasons of life. You need it.
Want all of my traveling packing essentials for Honolulu, Hawaii? Shop my links!
Let the relaxing begin kid-free!