I am obsessed with a good blazer because you can wear them with so much! But, finding a blazer that fits well with your body type can be a pain, trust me. Today I wanted to show you how to find a blazer for you body shape and what to look for so you can rock the trend with confidence because, everyone needs a blazer in their closet…ammiiright? You can throw a blazer on over a dress, wear it with t-shirts and jeans, or with a skirt. This is one of those versatile pieces you need.
1. Blazer for Small Waist: You can throw on any blazer and go! Choose one that has a defined waist like this Halogen Fitted Blazer to draw attention to your tiny middle. A cropped blazer will make you look imbalanced so choose a piece that hits at the top of your pants or longer.
2. Blazer for Large Bust: Choose a blazer cut right for your body shape first following three simple rules: choose a light material so as not to add unneeded bulk, choose v-neck button closure that hits right under your bust line to create good shape and support and always go with a longer cut so as not to appear overly top heavy. Check out this J. Crew Parke Blazer at Nordstrom.
3. Blazer for Curvy Shape: Go with a cropped piece to make your top look balanced with your bottom. Even cropped blazers need to have defined waistlines like this Chelsea 99 Blazer at Nordstrom. Avoid double-breasted pieces and long cuts that will only add bulk.
4. Blazer for Straight Figure: Go with what we call a boyfriend blazer like this boyfriend Blazer for Mural, one meant to be worn oversized, but that doesn’t drown you. Embrace shoulder pads and buttons to give you the curves you need in the right places. Choose a piece that hits you right below the hipbone to create length in your frame.
5. Blazer for Petite Figure: False: petite figures can wear whatever they want. Truth: I am petite and I had to work hard to find a blazer I felt confident wearing. Petite figures should stick with a blazer made of light weight material but has a well structured shape like this petite blazer from 1901 Stretch. Make sure to define your waist with a button closure or cinch in the back. Choose either a cropped piece to balance your legs or a blazer that hits you right under your hipbone to create length without overwhelming your small frame.
6. Blazer for Slim Hips: You need to create balance with your top-half. Choose a blazer that has no shoulder pads, is a thinner material and has exposed pockets or a flare on the lower half to draw the attention down and out like this blazer from Treasure & Bond.
note- There are affiliate links in this post! Thank you for using them and supporting this site. I earn a small commission when you shop through my link.
You Might Also Like