Fur is luxurious, full of glamour, fancy and on everything this fall. Who doesn’t need to feel fancy every once in a while? I am allergic to cats, and from Oregon, so this trend is a stretch for me but, as is my mantra, rock it till you love it! A well chosen faux fur piece can be timeless. Check out these ideas for how to incorporate fur into your wardrobe to not only to keep you warm, but to keep your wild side out of hibernation.
1. Muffler: I love adding accessories to update an everyday look because it is easy and can be cheap. Grab a muffler, another name for a short scarf, made out of your favorite faux fur pattern and toss it on with your outfit to create a look that goes from day to night. A fur muffler keeps you warm during the day and makes you look dressed up at night.
2. Booties: Fur doesn’t need to be at the center of attention in a look, but a detail item. Choose a pair of ankle-height boots that are lined with fur that just peeks out of the top. I love the pairs from Boutique9 because the fur gently runs along the whole ankle area so you notice it but aren’t bombarded by it–added bonus: they are comfortable.
3. Vest: For the more bold at heart a fur vest that hits right at the hip pocket will overshadow anything else you may wear. Try it over your favorite black dress to give your staple piece an updated look. Go with a vest that has both black, tan and brown mixed into it so you can wear it with more outfits.
4. Jackets: I am more for the fur-lined hoods where you can peep out your red frost-bitten nose, but for those bolder in heart there are many options for the full fur jacket. When choosing any jacket remember to find the one that best works with your body type.
5. Unnatural Colors: Faux fur in a dyed hue will take this trend to another level. Choose a piece in jewel tone, like deep turquoise or amethyst and go with a cropped piece to avoid looking like you are being attacked by a monster.
Rebecca Alexander Pickrel, Fashion Contributor