I am not a winter person at all. I can tell winter is here when: my face gets dryer, whiter, I pack on a few pounds, and somehow forget to shave my legs (it’s cold, I wear pants.) Fortunately, I have a few winter beauty staples that help combat my winter-beauty-woes, and I swear by them all! Check out my 6 must have winter beauty staples and those of the bloggers from The Beauty Council.
- Kate Sommerville Face and Body Tanning Towelettes: Frankly, I don’t like to be pasty white in the winter because people say things like, “are you tired” or “are you sick”. Those are questions I don’t welcome warmly when I am trying hard to look good. So to avoid that all together, I use a self-tanner to make myself look more alive. Plus, these towelettes are so easy to use, and they are perfect for travel. (Found at Katesommervile.com)
- NOW Shea Butter: I love to use 100% Shea Butter in the winter for my dry skin (mostly just on my body). Raw Shea Butter always feels weird to me because it scoops out rather hard, but I am telling you, it is magical. Once my hands warm it up a bit, it melts into my skin leaving it extremely hydrated and nourished. Plus, I can get a gigantic tub of it for really inexpensive, and I like that there are no additives or chemicals; I even use this on my kids. (NOW Shea Butter can be found on amazon.com)
- Jane Iredale Lip Drink: This healing lip balm has been a favorite for many years now, and I always make sure to keep it on hand, especially in the winter. It is formulated without petroleum (which is drying), and has carrot seed oil, avocado oil, green tea leaf, blackberry, coffee seed, and lemon oil. Also, I am not the only of that love this lip balm, every time I am doing a photo-shoot with a male, they can’t get enough of it. Just sayin’. (Found at Softsurroundings.com)
- Philosophy Hope in a Jar: On Monday I raved about the Philosophy face cream that I am obsessed with. It’s rich in texture, and does an incredible job of hydrating my parched-winter-skin, which leaves it to look more youthful. (Found at Sephora.com)
- ColorProof Super Riche Shampoo and Conditioner: During the winter, my face and body aren’t the only things that get super dried out, my hair becomes very straw-ish and dehydrated too. But recently I got a sample of the ColorProof Super Rich hair care products, and I fell in love with the results it gave me. After just one use, my super dry hair was hydrated and smooth which helped me to avoid my usual flat-iron session. (Found at Colorproof.com)
- OPI Lincoln Park After Dark: I know that this nail polish has been around for ages now, but I still love it and hope it never goes away. During the winter month, this nail polish is my go-to color; I have to have it. (Found at Macys.com)
What are your favorite winter beauty staples?
note- There are affiliate links within this post. All thoughts and opinions are that of my own.